57

As the dust and smokes from the blasts disappear, Doranbolt appeared with Wendy and Carla both unconscious on his arms. The man managed to save them both just in time before the explosion happened. Looking at the place where Face once are in, there were now a crater on it as he looks down on the figures on his arms with a smile on his face at the two girls heroic act.

Meanwhile the place were filled with Franmalth's laugh as the man are laughing in joy at the Face's activation but it soon faded as Natsu told him that his magic hasn't disappeared. It cause the demon to panic as he angrily attacks him with Hades's magic that creates a large explosion. The battle between the two continue as Franmalth latches on the bodies of three extremely injured mage, he began to absorb their souls as Natsu Happy and Lucy struggle against his absorption. The blonde girl calls for Taurus and Aries to forcefully close their gates as Franmalth releases the celestial spirit on his body afraid on what will happen when he got suck, Lucy uses it as an opportunity and calls for Natsu which the pink haired boy breaks free and defeated him by some boulder. All the souls he absorbs float in the air as Hades spirit told them that Tartaros isn't just after Face and passes some message for the Makarov to release the Light.

Both Natsu and Lucy ran off to find Mirajane as Happy separate with them to find Makarov and deliver the message from Hades. As they all left, Franmalth's body disappeared from where it is lying with a quick mumble that they are virtually immortal as long as the lab is intact.

Meanwhile somewhere on the Cube, the underworld king Mard Geer sits on his throne as he states that humans are no match for Zeref's almighty etherious and that their darkness soon will swallow their light. The man heard the news of other demon gates defeat and decided to use the Alegria. As Natsu and Lucy are still looking for Mirajane both of them received a telepathy from Warren telling them that the girl are safe and already with them, the blonde girl and Happy told them also via telepathy the message from Hades to ' release the light' as the old master thinks that he was talking about Lumen Histoire. Warren suddenly scream in pain as someone hijack his telepathy, the members of Fairytail heard another voice as he introduced himself as Mard Geer the underworld king. The man said some things to them before he casted the Alegria as the Cube suddenly turned its form into a monster Plutogrim. It releases some fluid that causes everyone to freeze and traps all Fairytail members and even the members of Tartaros. Mard geer calls the humans foolish as he was shocked when he sense that there is only one survivor that was left as the man laugh at the thought of how unlucky that person is being left alone at the Underworld.

Noticing that she was alone, Lucy are confused on what just happened. The girl looks outside the window as she got shocked when she saw that Plutogrim are causing massive damages on Magnolia. The girl soon received some telepathic message from Mard Geer stating that she was the only one left as all the members are gone, the man declared and put some bounty on the girl on which the soldiers of Tartaros cheers in happiness. Lucy got swept away as the place she was in got filled with water, the girl manages to defeat some foe before another enemies appeared as she Sagittarius and defeats them. The girl once again summons another celestial spirit Loke and Virgo as Torafuzar one of the demon gates appeared and followed by Jackal. Lucy's heart beat loudly noticing what her situation is as she knew that she can't beat them all by herself. Even with that thought the girl still fought with them as the girl screams in pain as she got tortured by Jackal's explosion.

Torafuzar not interested on torturing the girl, walked away as Jackal continue to do so. Lucy manages to summon Aquarius and fought with him, as the celestial spirit manages to swept away the demon she told the blonde girl that none of the celestial spirit can take on Tartaros and revealed to the girl that breaking one gold key can summon the Celestial Spirit King. Lucy decline what the spirit is asking her to do as she doesn't want to lose one of her spirit and more importantly her friend but the spirit had already set her heart to it as Lucy cried not having a choice. The girl took the gold key of Aquarius and use it to summon the spirit king while tears keep rolling down her cheeks at Aquarius sacrifice.

Mard geer was surprised that someone can summon the celestial spirit king as he fought with him, meanwhile Jackal angrily attacks the girl asking what she did. The man casted another explosion attack but this time it was more stronger than the other ones before he fired it at the blonde girl. However before it can reach her someone appears and blocked the attack, Jackal were shocked that someone manage to block it as Lucy who's behind the person widen her eyes noticing on who it is, a growl were heard as the smoke disappeared. Lucy are staring on the black haired girl in front of her as Akari turn to look at the blonde girl, Lucy notice that Akari's eyes are different as it was completely red though it's flickering in some colors. She was a bit scared of the girl but relieved too knowing that she's safe.

Jackal, frustrated that he didn't get to hit the blonde girl set another explosion towards them but Akari who's still standing there quickly flew on his direction. It was like a flash as both didn't even see the girl flew towards the demon before attacking him straight to his chest. Lucy stared at it in horror as Akari's hand went through his body while holding his heart that is still beating, her own heart are beating loudly at what she witnessed. The girl slowly turned around to look at her, once again Lucy saw the girl's eye flicker.

" Lu..cy.." the girl flinch a little as the black haired girl calls for her. Akari looks up again as her eyes seems to go back to normal but it would still turn from time to time.

" I.. i can't.. hold it Lucy.. Go.." Lucy stared at her in confusion but understand it when the girl's eyes turned back to full red as she once again let out some growl like an animal. Lucy quickly gets on her feet before she force herself to run, her thoughts are filled with what might is happening on the black haired girl as she realized that the girl was under control of someone. Jackal's defeat didn't go unnoticed by the other members of nine demon gates as they felt the disappearance of his power.

Short chapter for now sorry! My mind's not working for TOAF as it's thinking about another story. I'll publish it too while I'm still working on this one, it's gonna be a Kagura x Oc story titled ' Without Magic ' hope you'll read it too hehe.