12

“ Thincan!” Cana spits her drink when she heard that name from the younger girl. She glared at her while wiping her mouth as the girl laugh.

“ Tch what's got you all work up at this hour in the morning?” she asked the girl who's grinning at her. The girl is too hyper ever since she walked inside the guild, it's been two months and the girl finally healed, her magic power also came back. And that's got it all for the girl to get excited for the day that she arrive at the guild before the sun shines.

“ Say what do you think about going on a job together?” Cana look at the girl smiling at her it's been a while since they last do some job together. They do this some time before, going on a job together for a few days as they call it sisters bonding.

“ Sure you choose what kind of mission are we going as long as it pays good” the girl happily walk away on the mission board after a few minutes later and Akari have the mission approved. The two of them walk at Fairy Hills to get ready for the job. Cana also rented a room at Fairy Hills although the younger girl told her that she can just share a room with her she refused as she doesn't want to invade her privacy on which the little girl pouted at her for the entire day and won't talk to her.

Both girls walk on Magnolia's Station, giving their tickets they walk inside and sit across from each other as Akari let out a sigh in relief.

“ Is something wrong?” the young girl look at older girl before shaking her head.

“ I'm just relieved that i don't have motion sickness on trains considering that i learned one attack from dragon slayer i guess it's only on ships or boats in my condition” the girl as the train starts to move. Cana chuckle at this that's one thing they didn't expect to the girl, learning an attack that only dragon slayers can do.

“ I still can't believe you did something like that”

“ It's a cool attack though i won't try to learn something more other than that as i don't want to have motion sickness on transportation beside the boats” the girl said grimacing at the thought of puking all over the place to which Cana laugh at.

The two of them continue having conversations as they waited for their stop, it took two hours before they arrived at the said town that requested the job. Their job is a Monster Hunt that roams at the town during midnight. Walking side by side the two girls observe the town. There's no people around, looking at every houses they can see their figures taking a peak behind the curtains. The towns people look at them quite curious on why kids like them are in this kind of town where a monster always roam at night and take people from their houses. Finding the towns mayor they both follow the man who gesture them to get inside. Looking at the kids in front of him the mayor are having some doubts if they can kill the monster or not as they are just kids.

“ Are you sure, you both can handle the mission? You're just kids” the man said as Cana just sigh as it always happens when they go on a job. People should understand that they are not like those normal kids, they are a Mage a Wizard.

“ Oh yeah we're very sure old man and we will kick the monsters butt for you and the people on this town” Akari grin at the man while saying it. The man sigh at them and began to explain everything about the job.

After hearing everything the two decided to wait until midnight at the east side of the town, as the mayor said that it's where the monster always came. Akari climb up to tree while Cana just sit under it not wanting to follow the girl and fall down.

“ I'm hungry” Akari said as her stomach growled in hunger.

“ Tch that's what you get for getting too excited to kill the monster” Cana said to the girl as she took something on her bag and throw it at the girl who catches it with both of her hands.

“ Thanks thincan!” the girl said happily at the sandwich on her hand before taking a bite on it while her feet are dangling at the tree.

It's already midnight, the moon shines above them. Cana and Akari are wide awake getting alert as the monster is about to appear any minute now. A sudden blow of the air causes the tree to sway and then follow by a thud. There in front of them a few meters away stood a large monster who's eyes are glowing.

“ W-what kind of monster is this?!” Cana said as she observe it. The monster have two horns on it forehead, a round belly and it also have wings.

“ Time to kick some butts!” the young girl said as she charge towards it.

Light Magic: Missile Generation!”  the girl directed the light missiles on the monsters head creating a loud boom. Cana join the girl as she took some cards on her bag.

Card Magic: Lightning arrow!” the monster shriek in pain as it hit his belly. A sudden claw appeared in front of her as her eyes widen at it.

Shields of Light!” the claw hits the shield as Cana stood in shocked, it was close, she could have some serious damage if it ever hit her. The young girl jump in front of her and look at the older girl checking if she got injured.

“ Cana are you okay?” the older girl nodded before thanking her. The girl look back at the monster glaring at it.

“ You stupid stinky monster how dare you try to hit my thincan?!” the girl exclaim before taking a stance.

Light Breath!” the large beam of light hit the monster along with some trees. The two starts running closer to the monster and attacking it after that breathe attack. The monster are slow considering the large belly it causes it to slow its phase.

Heaven's Arrow!” the girl sends out the large arrow at the monster as it gets through around it's chest killing it. The ground shook as it fall down. The two mages pant in exhaustion with smile on their faces, they look around and their smile dropped at what they saw the forest.. it's gone. Oh boy.

_______

It's already morning and they just boarded on the train. The towns mayor thanked them for killing the monster and gave their rewards though with him yelling at them for destroying the forest Akari just laugh at him to which the mayor have shooed them away. Sitting at the train Akari immediately fell asleep while her face are leaning on the window. Cana who's fighting the sleepiness look outside not wanting to missed their stop if she fell asleep.

Getting off the train as it stops in Magnolia's station the two girls began to walk back to the guild. Still tired from the job, Akari look at the older girl beside her forgetting something.

“ Cana-san” the girl hum in response at her.

“ I forgot to mention, I'm going with pervy old man on a mission at the end of this week” the older girl stops from walking and look at the girl. She knows that the old man promised her to bring the girl in one of his mission and with that thought she just smile at the girl as she didn't say anything. They continue to walk back at the guild with Cana almost tripping on some rocks due to lack of sleep and Akari laughing at her.