Speed

POV Antonio.

     I wasn't going to let this fiend escape my trail. That figure had the necklace Narcissus and I needed. The thief had stolen it for us. This jeep I was tailing it in wasn't going to help me any. I decided to slam the door open and jump out of my jeep.

     I jumped into my mustang and started the engine as I heard it roar. I sped off and started gaining tracks on the dark individual. I saw the car speed up ahead. We were starting to get more and more out of the city.

     The individual was driving a Maserati MC20. A black one to be exact. That car had some serious power to it. We had. these imported (basically stolen from earth).

     I saw the individual take a turn and I began to follow it. We were going straight up on a galactic road. The car loomed further ahead of me. I found a shortcut and began to drift further and further towards the car.

     It happened in seconds... All in slow motion...

     I controlled my drift and began to slam into the individual's car when it jumped out of the roof. Two can play at that game. I jumped out of the roof as well and grabbed the individual's foot. Or boot shall I say.

     It shook me off and tumbled onto the road. I began to stumble back as well.

      "Once again," I panted with a gun in my hand, "just who the fuck are you huh?"

     No answer once again.

     "SPEAK," I yelled.

     No answer.

     I was becoming increasingly frustrated with the individual. The character. The one obstacle in my way to earning money for those who needed it the most.

     So I did what I had to.

     I pulled a gun on it. I pointed the gun at it's head.

     "Where's the necklace?" I asked calmly at first.

     The individual began to groan and whine. I couldn't tell if it was a male or female tone, but it sounded tired.

     It pointed at a direction towards it's car. I ran as fast as I could to see if I could find anything useful. Especially the necklace. I really needed the necklace.

     I opened the trunk and rummaged through tons of empty bags and some guns and tech. Nothing in here was inherently valuable. I couldn't find anything. I couldn't find the necklace. The precious necklace. I got even more frustrated.

     I saw as the individual held the necklace in it's hands. I ran towards it and slammed it down. It kicked me in the air and knocked the wind out of me. I grabbed the gun and started shooting at it. It was a fast individual with speed and skill. It had some sort of powers that I couldn't quite put my fingers on just yet.

     I looked through its car even more but still came up with nothing. The necklace the individual was holding was not fake. That was most definitely the real one.

     "Hand it over," I said threatening it.

     No answer. I got a small hiss out of it this time. Getting there I guess?

     The individual started going at high speeds while being a person of dust and chaos. I began searching my car and I think I had found something. I found rope and a bag.

     I wasn't sure if this would work but it was well worth the shot. I grabbed the rope and lunged at it.

     Missed.

     Second time?

     Missed.

     Third time?

     Gotcha!

     The individual found itself getting entangled in the rope and fell to the ground. Both of us were out of breath when an independent individual came in between us.

     She had braids and a three eyed mask.

     "I'll be taking that," she said in an angelic voice.

    "No the hell you wont," I said with a scoff.

     The woman blasted me inside and out and made me see some unforgiven images. I would definitely get her for that later.

     "Let me have it and I will take it back to its righteous owner and order will be restored and I can go back home," said the traveler.

     "Negotiations?" I smirked.

     "I will explain. For right now I will need it to save a few worlds and maybe even the one I am aiming for currently." The travelor looked at her gadgets.

     "How am I supposed to trust you?" I questioned.

     "You're not," She started, "many earth people don't know much anymore,"she sighed.

     "Agreed," said the guardian.

     "Agreed," I replied.

"I have to keep the necklace for now please," I begged.

"Fine, but if you need help, knock eight times. I will appear shortly after depending on where I am in the galaxy," she said calmly.

"I understand," I said nodding.

"Good. Keep the necklace safe. I will take care of the woman for you." She stared.

She was beautiful in all honesty. She had a celestial feeling to her as she floated gracefully above me. She had plenty of jewels in her braids. Her braids glowed different colors that changed with her emotions I'm pretty sure. They were blue currently. A light blue to be exact.

"What's your name?"

"Venetra," she replied with a whisper.

"I'm Antonio," I said back.

"I think we'll make good acquaintances," she said softly.

"Yeah. I think we will Venetra," I started, "Come back soon okay?"

"Sure Antonio. I'll think deeply about it. Only momentarily. I have a personal mission I am on currently. I must see my long lost best friend. I am sorry I couldn't stay longer. I must go now. Farewell," She said angelically.

"Bye Venetra," I spoke as she lifted into the galaxy at high speeds.

I didn't see her again. She took the dark figure with her as she flew. She was thousands of miles away already in a blink of an eye.

I started my car again and drove what was left of it back to the shop. I wanted to tell Narcissus what I saw. It seems I forgot what happened. I saw the wreck. I saw the damage. But what happened? What was I forgetting?

Oh well. I was probably going too fast per usual. I would just report this to Narcissus and be on my way.

What I forgot probably wasn't important anyway.