Purity

I was a military leader. A leader of an army. My favorite color had to be white . A favorite crystal I had stolen from Earth. It was called by the people, "quartz". 

     I decided I had become very fond of quartz. Or crystals themselves and made a world of it. My name is Sereniti . I am a princess currently. I do still have my ranks as a military leader. I call the world I live in, purity. No, I have no family.  I rule a great army and direct how things run around here.

     I am not married. I have no interest in the people here. All have succumbed to evil, hatred, lies, and disloyalty. Well... most I would assume. You can't always assume all.

I chose to have a pure heart. There's been snaps of the ties between some worlds lately. You'd have to be deaf to not listen to them.

I looked out one of the crystal windows to see people down below trading and living their own individual lives. Thieves, liars, cheaters, and amongst them you may find one with a good heart or two left. It had started to snow and people went inside to the warmth of their homes. I closed the window and threw up the curtains.

I walked back down the halls in my long dress. My heels clicked along the floor and I just kept looking ahead. There were paintings of past rulers and their husbands. I kept strolling along looking at them all until I came across mine. Just me. No husband. No family. No children. No nothing. Just a crown, a big wardrobe, and a whole shit ton of politics.

Generally I'll have the doors be guarded with a knight or two. I kept walking towards the throne room when I was approached by Meed, one of the trusted maids.

"Your majesty," she said as she bowed, "permission to speak?"
"Yes dear, you may speak," I said nodding my head.
"Would you like me to take your crown to polish it? Or perhaps you need new gowns made? A drink of choice?" She ran to the door and opened the crystal doors with her silk cloth to avoid any smudges.
"A bit of sapianfruit tea with some crystal sugars, thank you Meed," I stated calmly as I waltzed through the doors.
"Yes your majesty, right away! I'll be right back!" She ran off in a hurry.

I waltzed up the stairs to my throne and took a seat. I held my crown in my hands when an unusual looking man ran in and plopped on the floor with exhaustion in his voice.

Two of my knights ran in after him.

Before they could get to him in time I commanded them to stop.

"Speak," I commanded as my voice echoed in the room.
"My people need your help. If not you, one of your allies," he stated out of breath.

"What for?" I looked beside him to see meed with my cup of tea.

"Our people are dying. A sickness is brewing. A dark hateful plague is coming about our people. We need an army with extraordinary power to defeat what's coming. So please please help us," the man said, exhausted and collapsed onto one knee.

I went silent for a moment. I had an idea. I looked at the man. His skin was a plant green. He had a bunch of robes on to protect himself. He wore a mask and a hood to cover some very small horns. He looked to be in about his 400's . Meaning, he wasn't too old. He was probably this other world's messenger at best.

"I have an idea to help you," I announced as I stood up.

"W-Well what is it your greatness?" The man looked at me with hope. He wasn't exhausted anymore either.

"Follow me," I said as I opened one of the doors.

The man followed me with a few of my knights at hand. Looking up in the corridor there were flowers of different kinds. They beamed of light for my way. The crystals were less polished and refined down here. I slid down one of the flowers' vines as I continued on my way.

Instead of risking my army's life, I had an old friend that could use a reunion. I'm not sure if she was still alive but this was worth a shot.

I got into the dome and her shrine was down here. I hadn't been down here in ages since "the last battle" but her favorite things were located down here. She was amazing in past wars. Its been thousands of years. However, I saw all the paintings and awards she had won. She used to hang around here plenty until the last war had ended. I started feeling along the walls to find the spot to have a chance at getting her back.

I had been feeling around for awhile when one of the crystals turned. A white circle floated towards the glass dome and went under it. I lifted the glass on it off and looked at the smooth, white circle.

     I took a big, deep breath.

     "What is that," said the man behind me, startling me. I had forgotten he was there.

     "This will help you," I said as I kneeled on the pillow.

     "Whatever you say," said the man.

     I took one last look as I began to knock.

     KNOCK.
KNOCK. KNOCK
. KNOCK. KNOCK.... KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

   KNOCK KNOCK.

     Vibrations filled about the room. As soon as they began however, they had stopped. It had come time. Time to wait. Wait for our long lost guardian to come see us again.

     That is, if she still lives.

     I led the man back up to the doors.

     "Farewell," I said.

     "I hope I get my help," he said bowing once more.

     "You should get it, she usually doesn't waste much time after knocks," I shook his hand firmly.

     "Alrighty then your greatness, I will stay here until help arrives," He spoke cheerfully.

     "Goodbye," I said as my knights closed the gates and his voice faded off.

     Come guardian... It's been too long. You have been too long gone, and the galaxy needs you again.

    Just... Please... Don't be dead...