All the way here, Arban said it was nonsense and tried to comfort me, but it was not comforting.

"Miss Irene. Why is your expression like that?"

Rosaria, who was in the room, asked in surprise when she saw my face about to burst into tears at any moment.

"What happened?"

"No, nothing."

When I shook my head and did not answer anything, Rosaria saw Arban coming in after me.

Arban sighed.

"How many times do I have to tell you that father won't let you go back?"

"What do you mean? Sending Miss Irene back?"

Rosaria didn't seem to have heard yet.

I clenched my lips.

I didn't want to tell her with my own mouth, because it seems like it will become true. As I stubbornly looked down at my bag, Arban spoke instead.

"I think the East asked us to send Irene back."

"What?!"

"That's why father called the elders and they're having a meeting now."

"Then, because of that..."

Just as expected. Rosaria was greatly astonished upon hearing the explanation. Then she hurriedly took the bag I was packing.

"There is no way the Lord would send Miss Irene there."

"Sniff."

Tears spurted out.

It was the first time I'd seen Rosaria get angry like this. Her lips trembled as if she was about to cry right away.

I looked up at Rosaria with sad eyes.

Looking at me like that, she said in a determined tone.

"If he gets to know what Miss Irene did today, the Lord will be very upset."

"...Will daddy be upset?"

"Absolutely."

Rosaria put the bag on a shelf out of my reach.

I wiped the corners of my eyes.

Will Cade really send me back? No, I wanted to believe he won't, but I was not sure because I was anxious.

"Everyone says that if I keep living here, things will get bigger, Rodaria."

"Absolutely not."

"They said Daddy would be troubled."

"Who in the world would give up a daughter when it gets tough?"

"......"

"It's not like that, so you can relax. Okay, hm?"

"......Hm."

Those words eased my mind a little, but the situation was still the same, though.

What if he remembers that, in the past, Cade had decided to let me stay in here only for the time being? And what if everyone knows it? Everyone's attitude toward me might change.

Arban, who was looking at me like that, frowned as my expression hardly brightened up.

"If you're that worried, you can go and tell father."

"Go and tell Daddy?"

"Just say that you don't want to go to the East."

"If I say that, will Daddy listen?"

Regardless of the outcome of the meeting?

"Did father ever turn down your request? Last time, you even told him that you wanted to go out, right?"

That was right.

Cade never turned down my requests. Even if it was cumbersome and troublesome, he always did what I asked for, even if conditions were sometimes attached to it.

I jumped up.

"Now that Brother Arban has said it, then I will go and tell him."

"You have to eat a snack before you go, right?"

"Uh?"

Rosaria showed up with a snack. On the plate were savory pancakes topped with honey.

"You have to fill your stomach first before doing big tasks."

That's true.

If you don't have the power, you can't do anything! Then let's have a snack before meeting him.

I desperately grabbed the fork and took a bite out of the pancake.

"By the way, what should I say?"

Recklessly visiting and talking could have the opposite effect, because Cade hates that kind of thing.

"How do I do a good job?"

"They usually pay a bribe when making a request."

"......Bribe?"

"Don't you have anything to give father?"

"...I don't have anything like that."

As Arban was deeply troubled while thinking hard, Rosaria smiled and said.

"Then how about doing this?"

"What?"

We both looked at Rosaria at the same time.

Did you come up with a good way?

I waited for Rosaria to speak with a look of anticipation.

"How about making some refreshments for him to eat together while talking."

"Huh? Refreshments with tea?"

"Yes. After the meeting, Baharn always gives new refreshments to the Lord."

I see! That was very good news.

Arban nodded his head, thinking that the method was not bad.

I jumped up from my seat in a hurry, it seemed like I had to go quickly before Baharn did it all by himself.

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

"You can meet Mr. Baharn if you go to the dining room's kitchen."

"Yes! I'll be back later."

But will Cade like it?

As I was about to start to feel a little worried, Rosaria said.

"The Lord will be pleased with anything Miss Irene offers."