In order for a Clan to bring other young beasts and raise them, it was only possible if the existing guardian entrusted them.

Otherwise, the consent of the head of the Clan was required.

Currently, the Astrophel family has Irene, but their position belongs to neither, so it was a big problem. If the Loisards file a lawsuit, they had to let Irene go without resistance.

It wasn't just that.

Things would only get bigger once they asked how Irene came to be in the South.

One of the elders, who had been looking around, opened his mouth.

"I don't know what the Lord is thinking, but at this rate, our family may be at a disadvantage."

"The protection of young beasts is a matter that overtakes the whole clan."

"Once such a matter gets used as fuel, the problem will grow out of control."

It was a serious matter that could lead to a confrontation between the South and the East. Baon, who was quietly listening, frowned as each person brought out their opinions.

"Are you saying that Miss Irene should be sent back to the East?"

"...Well, I didn't mean to do that."

There was silence again.

Everyone knew how much Cade cared for Irene, so they couldn't express their opinions hastily.

"But it's a little strange."

Durias, who had been observing the situation without commenting until now, tilted his head.

"No matter how much you think about it, I don't understand why the Loisard Clan made such a demand. Isn't this more of a gamble to them?"

No matter how legitimate the request was, there was a significant difference in power between the families. They knew that there could be friction with the South, but it was quite difficult to comprehend why they had made such a request.

It was the same everywhere that the young beasts of the Clan were important, but it was not enough to trade this cause for the family's interests.

Geras nodded his head in agreement.

"I'm thinking the same thing. Something's wrong."

"For sure."

It was an unreasonable recklessness. It was impossible to do without believing in something.

Cade laughed.

The request for Irene's return came right after abducting Ella from the East. The situation was moving strangely. Perhaps the peaceful South might become deeply embroiled in the East through this incident.

Cade laughed as if he was having fun looking at the pure white feather pattern engraved in the letter.

"Things are getting complicated."

"...What would you like to do?"

Baon asked softly. Everyone was waiting for Cade's decision.

He opened his eyes, which had been closed for a while, and opened his mouth with a cold face.

"Durias."

"Yes."

"Reply to the Loisard Clan. They can visit the South if they want."

* * *

Sack. Sash.

Back in my room, the first thing I did was pack my things.