Dinner was Fry fish, fried shrimps, festivals fried just the way I love them along with left over jerk pork from the evening before. The lovely fruit juice was drunken off by me and Ms. Jennifer, it was movie and snacks with the children afterwards until they fall asleep and then me and Dean cuddle together in bed to sleep. Another day ends and another one will soon be beginning.

The rain falling heavily outside woke us up that morning, I check the cameras in the paddock to see where the cows are and saw them sheltering under trees. I sighed putting down my tablet, if the rain continued like this we would have to lock them inside the pens in the barn. I never thought we could actually own and raise cows, it was a blessing to own lands and have wealth. With Ms. Jennifer wanting to raise chicken for eggs and poultry, soon we will have our own supply of chickens and eggs.

Dean's pov

Demar snored lightly as I quietly got off the bed, I glance outside at the pouring rain through the bathroom window and saw Donahue hunched up over on their verandah

Demar snored lightly as I quietly got off the bed, I glance outside at the pouring rain through the bathroom window and saw Donahue hunched up over on their verandah. I could not help laughing although I really didn't want to, he had leaned up his mattress so it wouldn't get wet and his things were packed to the inner wall. A gust of wind blew the rain in on him and he stood up looking distressed, I laughed and move away from the window, he did not deserve my attention.

I took a warm shower, then went quietly downstairs to prepare breakfast. Time alone in the mornings has been helping me to get through my days happily. I pray and plan out my day, then enjoy the first meal of the day with the people who means the most in my life. I miss teaching at the safe house and school, but God knows best.

Aloma tells me Mrs. Nnabe is now living there with her children, her inlaws had thrown her and her children out of her husband's house and her family has rejected her saying she has brought shame upon them. Some of these cultures should be abolish, giving a man and his family so much power over a wife is inhumane.

I will never adapt to such cultures, I said in my mind and sipped my hot balsly mint tea.

  After breakfast, I loosened out and wash Raquenay's hair, I plaited it big and then allow her to go and play with her brothers

After breakfast, I loosened out and wash Raquenay's hair, I plaited it big and then allow her to go and play with her brothers. Mr. Denzel came through the back gate carrying his machete, he stopped and talk with Demar who had just came in from over the house I was building to accommodate Jay and all of whom were coming with them. I wash the small amount of clothes we had dirty and hang them on the line in the washroom, I went to the living room afterwards and spend the rest of the morning going through my children school books.

When Demar tells me that him and his dad was going up by the orphanage, I immediately got up and begin making something for them to carry for the children. I know they will be happy to receive whatever I send, and I was glad to be able to still support them in any way that didn't brook suspicion. To think I've had a rough life, when other's situation was tougher than mines had been. Well the least I can do is put a smile on their faces, to help build hope within their hearts. I pack a small parcel separately for Elulu who have a lovely baby boy and ask Demar to give it to her personally.

Seeing him put the drone inside the truck before they leave, made me wonder why he was going to the orphanage in the first place and I hadn't thought to ask him. I silently pray that everything was okay while I set the chicken foot and cow skin to pressure for the soup. Deñalo came in and ask for something to eat and I serve lunch and sat with them to eat, they mean the world to me I think watching their innocent faces as they eat. Racquaney has taken over a special place in my heart and I hope she will love me and respect her father's decision when she grows older. Who knows, Antoine would have undoubtedly use her as leverage to get to Demar.

I remember the look on Cam's face when she arrived here, a look of utter surprise and jealousy. Also Donahue's outburst when he was cursing Demar, knowing how they are I'm sure if they had been in my position they would have done the same, but then again neither of them were smart enough and judging by their narrow mindedness, they wouldn't have gotten this far. Stealing from Antoine was the best thing I have done, what if hadn't?

What if Demar wasn't as smart as he is?

What ifs? We'd probably be suffering right now, having to do jobs we didn't want to among other situations not worth the time to vouch on. It is so hard not being able to live the life you had planned, but good to still be able to achieve that what you had hope for. I'm going to live my best life, careful of hateful people and not hesitating to putting them down if the need arises, I hope it never does. Learning to be tough is the hardest thing I've had to learn, those nights in the first stage of my relationship with Antoine when I had to just allow him to take me, it had made me think so many different things. At the end of the day I had to tell myself that in order to survive, I had to learn to control my emotions.

I'm not the person those who know me think I am, I'm a dangerous woman trying to live normal. All my pains and stifled hurt is the only thing keeping me sane, my fear of never being able to escape Antoine not just physically but emotionally had affected me from leaving him fully in the first place. Making me think I could never go on, or have another intimate relationship if it wasn't with him. He had damaged me, the psychological hold he place on me me after I confessed to unintentionally killing Steffanique, opened my eyes to whom he really was. A manipulator.

I pity Anthonia, but I won't be taking on their burden, her parents are to be blame for her situation and what she is now going through. Who told her mother that it was okay to sleep with her student? To me she is the main instigator in all that Antoine has become, making him think that whichever woman he want he should get. She has not only had sexual relations with a minor, but has cause a lot of innocent young women like me to suffer under his hand.

"This world," I say as I groan in my spirit.

To be continued...