"I'll surprise everyone."

I made an ambitious plan.

* * *

Clack.

The door closed and Kasana stepped out into the hallway.

Her eyes sank deeply.

Walking at a constant stride, she stopped in front of a door. Her destination.

Knock. Knock.

"Lord, this is Kasana."

"Come in."

After the permission was granted, Kasana went inside.

Cade, who was looking at the report, turned his gaze to her. Since he already knew why Kasana came to him, he immediately brought out the main point.

"What's the result?"

Kasana's black eyes flickered slightly.

Cade, who had guessed the result from that little reaction, shifted his gaze back to the report he was looking at.

"I understand even if I don't listen to it."

"Did the Lord already expect it?"

"I hoped it wasn't the case."

It meant that he had already expected it.

It was only then that Kasana understood why he had given such instructions. She felt her anxiety calming all the way down as she looked at Cade's laid-back reaction.

Because Cade was well-known to be a person who finds things out faster than anyone else and makes dozens of plans in advance.

Kasana believed that this time too was such a case. That's why she spoke with a much lighter heart.

"The Lord's prediction was correct. It has been confirmed that the lady's body has pheromones of different energy."

"Explain."

She opened her mouth, recalling Irene's pheromone she had just felt.

"One was Miss Irene's natural pheromone, and the other had a form similar to that of a Black Mamba."

"I see."

"But it's a little different."

"Different?"

Cade's hand that was signing the paper stopped. At that moment, the cool red eyes turned to Kasana again.

"It was as if... it's not alive."

"That wouldn't be possible."

Pheromones were akin to the life force of werebeasts. If it did not move, it was safe to say that the life of the beast was as good as lost.

"When my pheromones approached, there was no response."

"That's why you said it didn't seem alive."

"That's right."

When someone else's pheromone approached, pheromones are bound to react instinctively.

In particular, when a stronger or higher ranked pheromone than its own approached, it would defend or attack. It was a set reaction in either direction.

However, Irene's pheromone was strangely silent.

It was like holding its breath while waiting to see what happens.

Moreover, such an approach was one of the hunting methods adopted only by higher predators.

Kasana could never erase that strange sensation that made her feel like prey.