"Three."

You can't find me here, right? There was a round groove inside the tree, so it was possible to hide without difficulty.

I listened carefully to how much Sage had counted.

"Ten."

After he counted until 10, Sage turned around slowly. While looking around, I saw him walking inside. When I saw Sage looking for me in the wrong place, I was a little more confident.

I'm hiding here and Sage can't find me.

Then a gentle wind blew. At the same time, Sage's feet stopped moving.

"Ah. He can't find me."

I rolled my round eyes around. What should I do? If he still can't find me, should I just leave?

While I was deeply in trouble, Sage's presence disappeared.

"Huh? Where are you going?"

You didn't leave because it wasn't fun, did you? It was time to get up in a hurry.

"No way."

Shush. Shush.

Thud.

"......Uh?"

"Irene."

"......"

"Caught."

I stared blankly at the tree that had fallen to the floor. A languid smile was painted on Sage's face. The blue eyes that were half closed were flashing and staring at me.

"Ah, we are playing Hide-and-Seek..."

"I know. There are similar games in the north. You're practicing hunting in advance, right?"

Not really.

For some reason, the Hide-and-Seek that I knew and the one that Sage knew seemed a little different.

"...It's okay. Irene saw things like this. I'm not surprised at all!"

Even so, my heart was pounding.

Hu. Ha. Hu. Ha.

He took a deep breath and stood up. This time it was my turn to be it.

"Now, hide because I'm it!"

"All right."

"One!"

I closed my eyes and counted.

"Two."

But what if Sage hides too well?

"Three."

I wiggled my finger and opened it slightly. The sunlight was shining in my tightly closed eyes. No. I have no flaws in my conscience.

I put my fingers together again and started counting.

"Ten."

And when I finally counted to ten, I opened my eyes.

"I'm looking! Is Sage hidden?"

"Yes. I'm hidden."

"...Huh? No! No! You have to answer no!"

As the words came and went, I turned to where the sound was coming from. I think the sound came from somewhere around here.

Where are you?

I snooped around the places I had been eyeing when I hid.

"Not here?"

Did he go down underground or rise to the sky?

I put my hand on my waist and fell into thought.

......Wait a minute. Sky?

I raised my head, wondering if it could be, and I made eye contact with Sage, who was looking at me.

"Sage, what are you doing there?"

"I was hiding. Can't you catch me?"

Sage, who was sitting with his back against a tree, stretched his arms down. I looked at the distant arm in vain.

"I can't reach it."

"Then you can't catch me? The game only ends when you catch me."

"Sage, that's cheating. It's unfair."

"Then I won."

Sage slowly came down.

My chance!

I grabbed Sage as he landed on the floor. Sage, who lost his balance, staggered and fell to the floor.

"You......!"

"Hehehe. I caught you."

I hugged him tightly as to not let his arm escape my grasp and smiled softly.

I got him!

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

The tip of my mouth that went up didn't come down. Sage, who was staring at me like that, shook off his clothes without saying a word.

"Sage, are you angry?"

"No."

"Then why aren't you talking?"

"The next time we meet, let's play again. Then I won't be caught."

Prev