Hung.

Argh!!

Oh... I'm so tired.

"Pii!"

Let go of me!

Poking at the landlord's arm with my beak, he put me down with a big smile. I quickly hid behind the cushions while poking my head out with great vigilance.

Why aren't you going? Hurry up and go.

"This is my house."

The landlord who read my eyes smiled with his chin up.

Yes, he was the landlord of this house. This room belonged to the landlord, too. So does this cushion and even those snacks.

Perceiving my reality once more, I dropped my shoulders, and he opened his mouth.

"Come to think of it, having a daughter wouldn't be bad, for the time being."

"...Pii?"

"So I thought of a name."

What are you talking about?

My eyes widened with his unbelievable words. I was hearing things that I didn't expect at all.

"Irene."

"...Pii?"

"From now on, that's your name. Irene Astrophel."

At that moment, unknown emotions rushed in.

Are you really giving me a name?

I've never been called like this before, I didn't even have a name.

Is that why?

I couldn't believe I was called by someone, even more so by a name of my own. Irene Astrophel. From now on, this seems to be my name.

I forgot to breathe and looked blankly at the landlord.

"What, you don't like the name?"

"Pii!"

I quickly shook my head, saying it wasn't the case. I was just a little surprised.

"Pii Pii······."

What should I do? I'm so happy! I called my name over and over again, but the man's red eyes glanced towards the door.

At the same time, the door swung open.

"Baby! I'm late...... My lord?"

"You came, Rosaria."

"Pii Pii Pii Pii!"

I spread out my wings, welcoming Rosaria.

Rosalia, who found me hiding behind a cushion, approached me with quick steps.

"Baby!"

I missed you!

I rubbed my cheeks in her arms as she hugged me, making Rosaria laugh a little. I felt a sense of security in her familiar arms.

"Were you surprised that I wasn't here?"

"Pii!"

I hugged Rosaria tightly and nodded my head. After I calmed down a bit, I held my head over her shoulder and looked at the landlord.

He was watching Rosaria with a face radiating disapproval at something.

"My baby, aren't you hungry?"

"Pii."

I shook my head because I was full with the snack I had earlier.

"Have you been well with the Lord?"