* * *

After visiting the forest, the days went by peacefully.

I've started to grow steadily and my body has gotten a little fuller.

Although there wasn't much difference, I could tell since one of my daily routines was looking in the mirror.

"Piit."

"Baby, your tail has grown a little longer!"

"Pii!"

I turned around to look at my tail as I couldn't see it in front of the mirror. My short tail was taking a more definite shape.

At first, I felt uncomfortable with my tail as I kept stumbling over it whenever I sat down but Rosaria made me think otherwise when she brought another mirror and showed me my tail.

Yeah, it's pretty, isn't it?

I liked my tail very much.

It looked like there was a horn on my hip, but when I grew older into an adult it would be long and soft.

Then I'll be prettier, right?

"You don't fall as often lately!"

"Pii!"

I think my tail allows me to balance.

The daily walks were getting easier as I got used to balancing with my tail.

It was short. I could run but sometimes I would fall.

I twirled around to see my tail.

"Pii pii! Pii pii!"

"Kuek."

"Pii?"

The number of days Rosaria placed her hand by her heart increased.

I often approached Rosaria who sat with her head down.

"Oh no, calm down baby. You might get hurt."

"Pii pii pii pii."

"Huu."

"Pii pii pii pii!"

I called Rosaria, who was making a villain-like line at first glance.

(Q/N: The PR and I have no clue what this is referring to. Let us know if you do though!)

I couldn't call her with words yet, but I could tell she'd know I was calling her if I chirped at her.

"Yes, baby, would you like some snacks?"

"Pii."

Rosaria regained her composure and returned to how she was originally.

She fed me snacks from a small bowl bit by bit.

It was delicious!

Her tail swayed automatically.

There was nothing better than a tail expressing emotions.

Rosaria smiled happily as her baby swayed her body from side to side and expressed her feelings.

"Since you're getting bigger, you must eat a lot to grow."

"Piit."

"Caring for you lately has felt like a reward. I'm truly happy."

I swallowed a snack and opened my mouth.

Rosaria waited and threw a snack into my mouth.

It was such an amazing day... It felt like a dream.

"Piit!"

It would be nice if the future were to be like that too. I stretched out my feet against the cushion.

But I can't live like this forever can I? I would have to leave home when I become much older. No, would it be alright if I stayed here until I grew to be an adult?

I don't know if I would have to move out or not. As it would depend on the landlord, if he changes his mind because the landlord clearly doesn't like me.

Thinking about the future and the fact I might be forced out made me feel depressed. It was very peaceful here, but I don't know what the outside world would be like.

"Pii..."

I breathed a sigh. Rosaria noticed and spoke to me.

"Baby, are you uncomfortable?"

"Pii pii pii pii."

"What?"

Rosaria's eyes widened with curiosity as she cleaned up the empty snack bowl.

I shook my head weakly.

No, I have to do this by myself once I become an adult bird.

But the world is too tough for a new baby like me to survive in!

Besides, I was getting used to Rosaria's thorough care.

What if I'm alone later?

I don't want to be alone again.

Worries about my future came to my mind one by one, and my tail drooped down.

"Pii."

I shook my head as if it was nothing.

"But your tail has lost its liveliness."

"Pii pii."

It's really nothing.

Rosaria blinked as she didn't know the reason.

After sitting helplessly for a long time, I lifted up from my depressing state.

I can't just give up like this!

"Piit!"

First, let's find out what I can do.

I could feel my tail moving up again as I snapped out of it and cheered up.

It's amazing no matter how much I look at it.

How mysterious this tail is.

In my previous life, I had a tail, but I didn't respond to this change of emotion!

Well, I still like my old tail but I still think it'd be nice if it reacted a little.

More.

Recalling my previous life made me feel depressed, and my tail drooped again.

I shook my head to erase those useless thoughts.

"Pii piit!"

No, I'm not who I used to be.

I rubbed my cheek with both wings.

All right, I'll build up enough strength so that I can survive outside the mansion before I become an adult.

"Piit. Piit!"

Swish swish.

My tail went up and became completely straight.

Toddle.

I walked toward the water bottle next to the snack bin and dipped my beak in.

It was so cool!

I drank the water and wiped my wet beak with my wings.

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

I didn't know then.

How worried Rosaria looked when she saw my mood change every minute and second.

The misunderstandings Rosaria had.

If only I had known. I would have desperately stopped her from thinking that.