71.

"There's my gorgeous baby girl!" I gushed happily with the most ridiculous voice I could muster, my finger stroking baby Isabelle's cheek as I held her in my arms.

Honestly, since receiving that photo message off Alex when I was with Harry in Holmes Chapel, she had changed so much already.

Her cheeks were chubbier, her hair was lighter and she had grown a little longer, I was positive of it- and she was much more alert than the last time I saw her too.

She seemed much busier and nosier than normal, and the fact she was so content with staring at my face had my heart fluttering in seconds.

I was in my element with her, especially since I had put to bed all those thoughts and feelings concerning my infertility.

I was now on cloud nine and able to enjoy this precious little angel fully (and Phoebe's pregnancy) without feeling like my heart was being stamped on repeatedly.

"Izzy, are you sure you can watch over her today? I hate to do this to you, but I'm-"

"Hush." I interrupted Alex, smiling down at the perfect little angel in my arms as she guzzled against the comfy pillow that was my breast.

I guess I provided a more comfier pillow than her daddy.

I snorted at the thought.

"Me and baby Izzy will be just fine without daddy, won't we? Yes we will, because baby Izzy is such a good girl for auntie Izzy-"

Alex grinned down at me, "Alright, well as long as you're sure?"

"I'm absolutely sure."

"Okay, well you've got all of my numbers, so if you need me, just call me okay at the office okay? Failing that, just call my mobile-"

"Okaaaaaaay." I chimed, taking hold of Isabelle's hand; "Say bye to daddy, baby. Have fun at work, daddy. Bye bye daddy."

Alex grinned again, leaning down to kiss me on the head and then his daughter goodbye.

"You're a diamond. Thank you so much. I'll call you later." He whispered, before he kissed the baby's head; "Bye bye Angel, daddy loves you."

"Alex?"

"Hmm?"

"Go. I'll be fine." I grinned, "Any problems, I'll call you."

"Alright." He sheepishly replied, "I'm going, I'm going. Have fun you two."

"You too." I smiled back at him, watching him leave the house for good, briefcase in one hand and a cup of coffee to go in the other; "Now it's just me and you, baby girl." I whispered down at the guzzling baby beneath me; her tiny little hand stretching out and hitting at my skin; "What shall we do today then, hm? I know, shall we go call uncle Harry?"

Isabelle gurgled.

"Hm, you're right. Girls only, yeah? We can totally call uncle Harry later... let's go see what toys you've got yeah?"

***

I smiled happily down at the crib, watching my namesake sleeping soundly, wondering if she was dreaming, and if she was, what was she dreaming of.

She looked so beautiful in her pink Babygro, and after spending the afternoon catching up with her, I gave her lunch, bathed her at roughly 3pm and then put her down for a nap.

Alex didn't have an exact set out routine for her, but she had dirtied her nappy so bloody badly I had no choice but to bath her and settle her down afterwards.