Chapter 18: Promised to the Wicked

Start from the beginning

I fell to the floor, doubling over with even more stress and worry.

I never had been good at dealing with stress, I often lash out at the people that I love because of it but I still have no reason why Sedrick is acting like a douche.

I blinked away the tears that were emerging at the corners of my eyes, the last thing I needed was to be shouted at by Serena for ruining my make up.

"We brought a witch!" Serena shouted and then shoved a pretty looking teenage girl into the room. The expreion 'speak of the devil and it's sure to appear' came to mind with Serena but I quickly forgot about it and stood up to greet the girl.

"Hi, my name's Lily, I'm the daughter of one of the witches that healed you yesterday so I should be able to help if something didn't quite heal-"

"Yeah, yeah no time for plesentries, just hurry up and heal her!" Serena snapped and Lily quickly grabbed my hand and then began saying a spell or a something in witch tongue.

It was a strange experience, she seemed to be chanelling energy through my entire body, everything inside me suddenly felt awake instead of the numbness that it had been feeling earlier, I felt alive! 

I was soo alive, living and breathing seemed minnor to just the feeling of what Lily was doing to my body.

I felt a smile make it's way onto my lips and looking around I could see that Serena was chuckling to herself because of the dumbfound look on my face.

All of a sudden, the feeling seemed to be gone.

"I couldn't find anything physically wrong with you but there was probably some trauma from, well, the trauma. I gave you a peaceful spell and so you the feeling in your stomach should be at peace....You look great by the way." Lily said, looking me up and down.

"Oh...thankyou." I said. She was right, physically and emotionally I felt peaceful but I still was feeling nervous as hell and no amount of spells or chanting was going to change that. I did feel better then earlier.

"Show time!" Maddy sang as she came into the room, holding the door open so that we could all leave. "Oh but there's just one more thing, here." she said and then handed me a bouquet of flowers.

"What's this?" I asked, stupidly.

"Well every bride needs a bouquet to throw but it's also you something borrowed, something blue, something old and something new." Serena said.

"The bouquet is for my wedding so it's borrowed, the flowers are fake but blue - and old, and then the ribbon that's tying the bouquet together is silk that me and Serena bought at the market when we went to go and get some dresses today, making it new." Maddy chimmed in.

"Thankyou." I breathed, they really were the closest friends that I've ever had, even though I was kidnapped by their friend.

"Chop chop! No need for chit-chat, we can't keep Malik waiting!" Serena said and then we all left the room, Lily going ahead so that she could grab a seat and watch the wedding.

Serena and Maddy walked infront of me, leading me down the halls and keeping dead silent.

The house always had seemed silent when I was awake during the day time, even though it still was day time, the house just seemed extra quiet. It was creepy.

I began to get nervous again, the fear of standing up infront of loads of people that I've never met before and then claiming that I love their leader even though it's all just a sham, it was terrifying.

Just focus on getting through the ceremony, it''ll all be okay after then. Just focus on going home, don't think just do.

I heard and looked around in the halls.