106. Bronn

'you head to kings landing and I stay here and hope that cersei doesn't kill you... is that what we are thinking?' Mabel questioned incredulously

'cersei has already lost.' Tyrion told her.

'I mean...' Mabel tipped her head back and forth debeating it. 'her odds are poor.' Mabel admitted.

'Are you staying with Lady Brienne?' Tyrion mused as Jaime came up to them. Jaime turned red.

'Shes to protect the stark girls.... Say something snide.' Jaime told him.

'I'm happy you're happy... I am! I'm happy you're happy... but what's it like to climb for it?' tyrion questioned surpressing his laughter.

'I knew you were fucking her.' Bronn said coming in with his crossbow pointed at Jaime.

'Bronn of the blackwater' tyrion said looking him over. How ironic he was to die the same as his father. 'What do you got there?'

'Its for you and you.' He pointed it between the brothers, 'not you Mabel. I wouldn't never hurt you.' He confirmed and Mabel felt her heart pound, her moment of peace destroyed she gripped to Tyrion's hand as Bronn got closer.

'Your not going to do that. I made you a knight' tyrion told him

'No i did that myself.' bronn corrected

'Bronn come on-'

'Ive never hit a dwarf before but one more word and i belt you' bronn warned.

'You woul-' bronn smacked him in the face. Mabel screamed stepping back. Jaime rose from his seat and bronn pointed the crossbow at his face.

'I think you broke my nose!' Tyrion screamed holding onto his bloody nose.

'I did not break your nose.' Bronn informed him

'how do you know?' tyrion questioned holding his bloody nose, blood dripping into his mouth, he spit blood onto the floor in front of him as Mabel ran a gentle finger over his face.

'Because I know what breaking noses sound like, now listen here your sister offered me riverrunn, a castle, good lands, plenty of peasants to do what they're told.' Bronn informed them.

'she bought you off?' Jaime questioned.

'you trust cersei?' tyrion questioned

'I knew your sister was dead at the moment I saw the dragons but If your dragon queen wins, if cersei is dead she can't pay up..' bronn told them. 'of course the odds change if dragon queens hand ends up dead along with a few generals.' He threatened.

'May i speak?' tyrion questioned

'Why not?'

'We made a deal. Long ago do you remember that?' tyrion reminded him.

'If anyone offered me money to kill you, you would pay me double.' Bronn said, 'what is double River run?'

'high garden' Mabel said her voice breaking

'high garden? are you mad?' Jaime asked.

'I am the last Tyrell I can give you high garden but not if kill Tyrion.' Mabel told him her breath jagged in her lungs.

'he's not going to kill us.' Tyrion said confidently but bronn shot his crossbow, his arrow hitting right above jaimes shoulder. Mabel's hands flew to her mouth covering a gasp of horror

'the way I see it I only need one Lannster brother alive' he points his crossbow at Jaime

'high garden will never be run by a cutthroat' jaime told him.

'All the great houses were cutthroat. kill a few hundred they make you Lord kill a few thousand they make you king and then the grandsons can ruin the family with their cocksucking wives.' Bronn smirked. 'High Garden. give me your word.' Bronn demanded.

'You have my word.' Mabel said immediately.

'You have my word as well.' Tyrion told him. 'but none of this means a thing until we make it to Kings Landing, we ride south as soon we could use an officer with knowledge of the cities defenses.' Tyrion offered.

'Oh no my fighting days are done but I still got a few killing days left, do you hear me? I will come find you when the war is done. till then do not die.' he told him backing out of the room. Tyrion turned to an panicked Mabel.

'its okay. Its okay.' He repeated. 'youre okay, I'm okay...' he told her as she clung to him.

+

'Tyrion, I need you to be careful.' Mabel told him.

'come now my dear I have seen battle twice now and I think I'm getting quite-'

'tyrion please, don't do anything that is going to cost you your head... with their queen.' Mabel begged.

'I will do my best to guide our queen to the throne.' Tyrion assured her.

'I don't give a flying fuck about daenerys, I am worried about you, Tyrion. I love you I cant lose you.' Mabel begged. 'Tilly can't lose you.'

'I'm not going to lose my head Mabel. I'm going to get daenerys to the throne. You will come back to kings landing and cersei will bend the knee. Everything will be fine.' Tyrion told her.

'I really hope you're right.'

'you are going to stay here and be safe and once the war is won we will send for you and the starks.' Tyrion told her putting a hand on her stomach. Mabel nodded, she didn't think this was going to end so peacefully though. 'I love you.'

'I love you.'