47. Has your heart

Tommen was asleep or at least trying to sleep tossing and turning when he heard a rustling in his room

'Sir pounce?' He asked sitting up in his door opened and closed Margaery came in holding a candle 'how did you get past the kings guard?'

'What guard?' she asked innocently

'I don't think you're supposed to be here.' he told her 'mother doesn't allow me to visitors at night.'

'I'm not a visitor your grace I'm to be your bride,' she said lighting a few candles 'did you know that people of arranged marriages often never meet until their wedding day.' She told him taking advice from her grandmother's playbook 'before we decide to spend our lives together,' she said sitting down on his bed 'how about we get to know one another don't you think?'

'Yes but if my mother-'

'It can be our little secret,' she suggested 'if we're going to be man and wife will have a few secrets from her I hope...' he looked up at her with amazement and adoration, admiration she was beautiful and she wanted him. 'Your grace...'

'Yes.'

'Tell me a secret,' she told him sweetly and a cat jumped up on the bed. 'hello aren't you a proper fellow.'

'That is Ser pounce,' Tommen told her

'He is very handsome,' she said as he meowed over the bed

'Joffrey didn't like him,' Tommen admitted 'he threatened to skin him alive mixes inners up in my food so I wouldn't know I was eating him.'

'That's very cruel.' Margaery told him 'you don't strike me as cruel.'

'No.' he agreed 'I don't think I am'

'That's a relief.' Margaery told him 'because you know what happens when we marry?'

'We say our vows in front of a high septon and-' Tommen began

'When we married I become yours forever,' Margaery corrected sweetly 'it's getting late I should go,' she whispered 'may I come and visit you again?' He nodded eagerly 'all right then,' she leaned forward bring her face very close to his 'remember our little secret,' she looked his lips before pressing a kiss to his forehead and heading out.

++

In light of the seven I now proclaim Tommen of the houses Baratheon and Lannister the first of his name king of the andals and the first man and Lord of the seven kingdoms.' A crown was placed upon his head 'long may he reign.'

'Long may he reign.' Everyone echoed and Tommen smiled down at Margaery.

'He is smitten with you,' Mabel said coming up behind Margeary.

'You think?' she famed ignorance. Cersei blocked Tommens view of Margaery slowly approaching, Margaery tried to keep her face calm neutral pleasant as Cersei approached

'Your grace.' They echoed sweetly.

'Lady Mabel... you look so lovely.' Cersei said kindly and Margaery forced the smile to stay on her face.

'Thank you, you look stunning as usual. Your son, the king, so handsome, he takes after you.' Mabel told her.

'And your daughter has your heart.' Cersei remarked as Tommen smiled down at Tilly.

'He is going to make a good father.' Mabel said softly as Tilly held out her star toy from Tyrion to Tommen, he knelt before her. 'Excuse me...'

'Of course.' Cersei watched her go, keeping her focus on Tommen. 'There he is.' Cersei told Margaery

'Long may he reign.'

'Long may he reign,' she agreed

'He sits the throne like he was born to it,' Margaery told her

'Yes he wasn't though was he?' Cersei questioned calmly.

'No, he wasn't,' Margaery agreed as a Olenna payed her respects before heading off to High garden.

'I still mourn for Joffrey.' Cersei told her

'He was my husband he was my king I would have-'

'He would've been your nightmare.' Cersei informed her

'Your grace I feel-'

'You knew exactly what he was,' Cersei told her calmly 'I did too. You never loved anything in the world the way you love your first child. Doesn't matter what they do and what he did it shocked me. Do you think I'm easily shocked?'

'No.'

'The things he did shocked me,' Cersei told her 'he's only a boy a good boy a decent boy he was the last decent King I wonder if he could be the first man who sits on the throne in 50 years to actually deserve it?' Cersei told Margaery

'It would be some constellation wouldn't it for all the horror that put him there.' Margaery added

'He will need help.' she said to gritted teeth 'if he's going to rule well.'

'He has you.' Margaery told her

'A mother is not enough you're still interested in being queen I take it...'

'After all that's happened... It sounds strange I know but I haven't even gotten it any thought what comes next,' she lied 'it would be a great honor of course but I will have to speak to my father about it.' they look to her father mace as he happily marched through the crowds greeting people. The fat flower as Olenna liked to call him.

'Yes speak to your father I'll speak to mine.' Cersei said looking to the throne Tywin stood next to her son.

'We may be faced with an alarming number of wedding soon,' Margaery told her 'I won't even know what to call you sister... Or mother'

'You have a sweet child.' Tommen remarked.

"thank you, your grace.' Mabel said as tilly hugged Mabels legs clutching at her toy. 'I hope one day you have a child to which you love with your whole heart, I hope you get to watch them grow up and flourish.'

'Thank you,' Tommen said honestly.

'I think you will make a good father, Tilly is an excellent judge of character.' Mabel told him.

'Is she?" Tommen mused.

'She adores your uncle Tyrion.' Mabel said cautiously.

'Lady Mabel-'

'I don't think him capable of killing your brother.' Mabel told him as she nodded her head and picked up Tilly, she nodded to Garlan as she left.