26. Lion stars

Neverland // JON SNOW   OUT NOWWWW!!

+

'One ore!' Tilly exclaimed

'One more?' Mabel questioned

'One. More,' tilly repeated more clearly.

'Alright.' Mabel looked to tyrion he spent most of his evenings and mornings for that matter with them.

'Yay!' Tilly said jumping around.

'Lets tell tyrion about the star lion'. Mabel suggested

'Roarrrr!' Tilly agreed making them both laugh.

'Star lion?' Tyrion questioned

'The Constellation Leo, also known as the myth of Leo the lion, most commonly known for Hercules and his 12 trials.' Mabel began 'In the first of his trials Hercules is tasked with finding and killing the Nemean Lion - an enormous and powerful lion whose hide is impenetrable. Hercules doesn't know this however and shoots the Nemean Lion with arrows, which do nothing but make it really, really mad.'

'Bam bam!' Tilly exclaimed pretending to shoot an imaginary bow at Tyrion.

"Ohh,' he tipped back holding a hand over his heart.

'I orry,' Tilly told him.

'Oh sweetie I'm fine,' Tyrion told her.

'O-tay.' She said happily looking back to mabel to continue.

'Being Hercules he decides to make a mad dash at the Nemean Lion rather than run away. The lion runs into its cave, which has two entrances. Long story short, Hercules blocks off an entrance, rushes into the cave, hits the Nemean Lion over the head with his club hard enough to stun it, then proceeds to choke it to death with his bare hands.' Mabel said very quickly so tilly couldn't understand but Tyrion jaw dropped.

'As a lion myself I don't like this story.' He informed her.

'In order to prove his victory, Hercules was supposed to bring the pelt of the Nemean Lion back to King Eurystheus. Hercules tries to cut the pelt off the lion's body before realizing that it's still impenetrable. After trying a few different tactics, he finally figures out that the only thing that can cut the skin of the Nemean Lion is its own claws. Eventually he is able to use the claws to skin the lion. He brings the pelt back to Eurystheus but ends up keeping it to use as his own personal armor.'

'You saying I have thick skin?'

"It's a story, has nothing to do with you.' Mabel assured him.

"Yet you asked tilly if we should teach Tyrion the lion story?' Tyrion countered.

'You are a lion and it is about lions.' Mabel said with a smirk... 'you don't like it?'

"Keep going, maybe Hercules gets his head chopped off,' Tyrion whispered.

'This is where the story supposedly connects to the constellation Leo.' Mabel pointed up at the sky and Tilly dropped down to her back trying to find the lion in the stars. 'So either Zeus or Hera decided at this point to create the Leo constellation. Most legends assume that this is done as an ode to Hercules, but if that is the case, why is the Nemean Lion the one that ascends to the stars.'

'Can I be a star?" Tilly asked.

'One day, a long, long time from now, when you are old and grey, after you have lived the best life possible when you die you get to be a star.' Mabel told her. 'your soul will soar into the clouds and you will shine brighter than any other.'

'Will you and TT be stars?' Tilly questioned.

"Yes.' Mabel said immediately. 'that way I will always be with you.'