43. Joffrey

Joffrey and Margaery's wedding was large and obnoxious and hot, but Garlan did his brotherly duty and got Mabel drunk enough to have a real smile on her face but not drunk enough to blurt out secrets. Sansa sat next to Tyrion, miserably. Tyrion watched Oberyn martell chattering, he didn't look murderous, he looked content, chatting away, his eyes drifted to a bubbly Mabel giggling as Tilly gave her kisses all over. Tyrions eyes drifted to the smile on Joffreys face next... Joffrey was up to something though.

The banquet music played and there was a feast the size of kings landing itself. Margaery listened to the music intently, while Sansa sat awkwardly next to her husband.

'Very good very good off you go,' Joffrey said entirely board with the presentation he threw coins at the musicians.

'Our king everybody a man of fine arts,' Mabel mused. Garlan hushed her, they were at the high table, opposite of Tyrion and Sansa, their grandmother sat next to them and Mace so proud of his daughter, his favorite his little flower. But mabel wouldn't change anything about her life with tilly, she loved tilly more than anyone and anything. She just hated that the world saw her as something she was not.

'My love why don't you make the announcement?' Margaery said and Joffrey clinked his glass getting everyone's attention.

'Everyone ,'he declared 'the queen would like to say a few words,' the crowd clapped as Margaery rose. Garlan refilled Mabels glass she brought it to her lips as Margaery spoke.

'We are so fortunate to enjoy this marvelous food and drink not all of us are so lucky, to thank the gods for bringing the recent war to a just end, King Joffrey has decreed that the leftovers from our feast be given to the poorest.' Margaery told them and the crowd irrupted with cheers.

'Our queen, a women of the people.' Mabel muttered, she knew her sisters act was an act, a show, she hated those lower but she needed to pretend, the tyrells were excellent at faking it. 'Cheers to faking it.' Mabel said as Garlan clinked glasses with her.

'Faking it,' he repeated as they downed their glasses.

'Silence clear the floor! There has been too much amusement here today a royal wedding is not an amusement royal wedding is history time has come for all of us to contemplate our history.' Joffrey declared. 'My lords and ladies I give you... King Joffrey.' a giant Lions mouth statue was opened up a red carpet rolled out and a bunch of dwarves dressed in costumes riding fake horses wielding fake swords came running out.

'Lord Stark, Baylon Greyjoy, and the war of the five kings!' Joffrey declared excitedly.

'Away degenerates away away.' the dwarf portraying Joffrey said. The wickedest and jolliest smile adored Joffreys face, Margaery however was not pleased with this display while Joffrey cackled away.

'Oh god,' Mabel muttered looking down the table to see Tyrion's pinched face as Joffrey spewed his drink happily laughing as one of the dwarves portraying Joffrey took the severed wolf head placing it over his crotch dancing with it.

'well fought, well fought.' Joffrey said as every took a bow. 'a champion purse.' He held out a pouch of gold for them. 'although you are not the champions yet are you?' he slapped the pouch in his hands. 'a true champion defeats all the challengers. Surely there are others out there who dare to challenge by reign... uncle. How about you? I'm sure they have a spare costume...'

'one taste of combat was enough for my your grace.' Tyrion said ever so kindly. 'I would like to keep what remains of my face. I think you should fight him. This was but a poor imitation of your own bravery in the field of battle. I speak as a firsthand witness. Climb down from the high table with your new valerian sword and show everyone who a true king wins his throne... be careful though, this one is clearly mad with lust.' He pointed at one of the actors for joffreys little skit. 'it would be a tragedy for the king to lose his virtue hours before his wedding night'. Tyrion sat back down, but looked to Mabel with a knowing look when he said virtue and sipped on his drink, Joffrey however was not pleased he sauntered over to Tyrion and poured his drink on tyrions head.