79. Not so Many Lions

Dannys dragons soared overhead as they left for Dragon stone with the iron Islands behind them 100 ships hundreds of men ready to fight for them they took off they were going to take back the seven kingdoms

But as they sailed to dragon stone, the council named cersei Lannister queen. Of the seven kingdoms...

War.

No one ever tells you the truth behind it everyone glorifies it and chalks it up to the side that is winning... there's more to it. There is raping and pillaging and unnecessary destruction and murder. But that is life in a Game of thrones.

++

Dragon stone. they had finally arrived at Dragon stone. Danny was home, she had finally come back... As danny walked up the shore the heels of her boots gliding across the hard sand she knelt down and felt the ground. This was her home. The place she was meant to rule. Slowly they ascended the stairs. They stopped at the gate. It was closed and looked even more terrifying and intimidating then Danny had ever imagined. The last time she was here was her birth, it had long since been the hub for Stannis Baratheon but with all legitimate and otherwise Baratheons dead Dragon stone was left empty. It was eerily beautiful. But danny stood tall, confident and marched onward so Tyrion put on a brave face and followed her queen. Tilly ran up the steps happily only stumbling slightly on the steps.

"I o-tay!' she called back as she got up. A few more steps she stumbled. "I o-tay!' she called. Her little voice echoed as she made her way up. Tyrion grabbed Mabels hand as they walked.

This was the place Daenerys father ruled. The mad king... This was her castle. As they made their way inside Mabel admired everything. This was place beautiful and horrific, deserted for years. A dragon sculpted into the wall hung in the battle room. A table long and wide along the middle which mapped out the seven kingdoms. Danny moved to the end of the table. Looking over the map she asked-

"Shall we begin?"

++

'On a night like this you were brought into the world' Tyrion said, to danny as she looked over the balcony. The storm was raging outside lightning and thunder streaking the sky.

'I remember that day,' varys said

'I wish I could remember it... I always thought this would be a homecoming but this doesn't feel like home.' Danny told them moving away from the balcony.

'We won't stay for long' Tyrion told her. She looked at the board the game pieces three Lions stood tall.

'That's not so many lions.' Danny said.

'Sorry,' Mabel said pulling a lion back on the table. 'Tilly likes lions... those are not toys.' Mabel told her.

'No, its fine.' Danny assured. As Tilly went to making the lions and dragons dance along the floor.

'They control over half of the seven kingdoms' Mabel found it funny that Daenerys, this conqueror, this queen, mother of dragons and unburnt warrior had a soft spot for Tilly. Got her dresses and treated Tilly like a niece, like family.

'But everyone despises her,' varys said 'but even before your arrival they plotted against her and now-'

'And now they cry out for their new queen?' danny asked moving closer to varys 'they drink secret toast to my health? people used to tell my brother that sort of thing and he was stupid enough to believe them' Danny told them picking up the dragon piece on the board. 'If my brother had three dragons and an army at his back he would've invaded Kings Landing already.' Danny told them.

"I know conquering would be easy for you.' Tyrion told her 'but you're not here to be queen of the ashes,' Tyrion reminded her.

'No.' danny agreed.

'We can take the seven kingdoms without turning into a slaughterhouse if the houses support your claim against cersei we have won. we have power from the south.'

'I never properly thanked you for that' danny said, Tyrion watched her from across the table, smiling as her fingers traced along the map, picking up and putting down the pieces.

'They joined our side because they believe in you' varys told her.

'You started supporting my father and then you supported the man who overthrew him...' Danny said looking back over the map 'you didnt serve any of them long...' she reminded.

'Robert was an improvement on your father' varys admitted

'If i may-' Tyrion began but danny wasn't done. Mabel swallowed the lump in her throat, varys was about to lose his head.

'Before i arrived you favored my brother... what did your spies tell you about me? did they tell you that I'm stupid and weak?' Danny asked varys incredulously 'were those qualities of a good king?'

'I didnt know of your existence and when i did i only heard of your beauty'. Varys told her as danny stepped closer and closer, each step threatening.

'Did you give the order to kill me?' danny questioned now face to face with varys.

'King robert' he answered

'Who hired the assassins?'

'I did what had to be done.' Varys told her confidently.

'You did what you did to protect yourself!' danny corrected.

'Lord varys has been-' Tyrion tried again

'What kind of a servant can switch from one leader to another? Where is your loyalty!' danny snapped.

'A good one. Using his eyes to see the game and the players. My loyalty lies with the people. If you demand blind allegiance. Grey Worm can behead me or your dragons can eat me. But if you trust me i will guide you to the iron throne.' He informed her. he never wavered. He stood tall, confident but not threatening.

'Swear this to me.' danny began 'If you ever think I'm failing the people you won't conspire behind my back you will tell me to my face.'

'I swear it' varys declared.

'And I swear this if you ever betray me I will burn you alive' danny promised.

'I would expect nothing less of the mother of dragons.' Varys told her nodding.

'I'm sorry to interrupt,' Grey had come in, 'The red priestess has come to see you your grace.'