A Normal Teenage Life

WARNING: There is some, not graphic, nonconsensual kissing in this chapter AND violence!

Sorry friends, I had a comic con this past weekend and I'm a huge con-goer and was trying to finish my cosplays and so it ate up all my my time. My two big hobbies are writing and cosplay, so sometimes writing has to put on the side for a bit! But con season is over for me :( but good news is I'll be back on my schedule for writing. (weekends PST)

This chapter went long, but I'm feeling 6-8k words is just standard for my newer chapters now. My 5k feels too little. Enjoy reading and I'll see you in the end notes.

******

"Are you bloody insane? Do you want to die too!" exclaimed Penny.

"No, Potter, what I want is for you to stop wasting time feeling sorry for yourself and perform the task at hand."

"If you hadn't noticed I don't know how—"

"Did or did not that half-breed teach you the patronus charm?"

"He did but—"

"Then shut up and use it unless you prefer to witness a dementor's kiss."

Eyes snapping back to Malfoy whose limbs were twitching unnaturally as the dementor drew him nearer its mouth, if you could call it that, Penny closed her eyes trying and failed to recall any happy memory until the hand pressed against Penny's chest pulsed, imparting to her a flood of feelings.

The familiar hum that drifted between them jarred a sense of something, was it nostalgia? It reminded her of a memory Penny hadn't thought about for some time and encompassed her in its vividness.

Clinging to it, Penny cast the formless orb for the second time and sent it soaring at the dementors who parted like a wave; the one holding Draco dropping him. It was feeble, but it was enough.

"I still haven't been able to produce a corporeal one," said Penny, feeling irritated by this fact. She'd never had issues with a patronus before, so why now of all times did it insist on being utterly useless?

"It will suffice so long as you provide them with something to keep them preoccupied."

Being barred from Draco, the dementors now turned their attention on the pair of them and were descending with purpose.

"Why can't you just produce a patronus and get us out of here?" Penny fumed.

"And how do you imagine we will escape with the Dark Lord and a dozen of his servants there to stop us?" Snape said impatiently.

"If you're asking me how I'd prefer to die, my choice is certainly not going to be at the hands of a dementor!"

"I have no intention of letting your lack of discipline kill either of us. Now cease your blathering and focus!"