The Dark Mark

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

All eyes followed them out of the room, Penny not certain if she should laugh or cry at the turn of events. Snape marched her forward, his grip hard and unforgiving, pulling her almost angrily, as though he feared he would not have the will to continue on if he did not convince himself she was the enemy he needed to conquer.

Down a glittering hall with expensive chandeliers dangling above them every few steps, she watched the light refract at every angle, bouncing in all directions, wondering what kind of awful luck she had to have for her life to have taken this trajectory. It was too hard to comprehend, her brain barely able to move past the fact she'd not only been kidnapped by Yaxley from Hogwarts but from London by Death Eaters in the span of less than an hour, and now here she stood, staring at the back of her Potions Master, except he wasn't her Potions Master, he was dressed like a Death Eater in those loathsome robes, the mask hanging loosely from him, giving her the creeps as it moved and bent in a fashion that was much too realistically skin-like for Penny's tastes.

With each clicking step, she tried to force her brain to catch up, to stamp down the fear, confusion and disbelief. She had no idea how far Voldemort's chambers were from where they were, but she knew her chance was now, if she was going to understand anything she needed to do it now. And even though she was fully aware trying to have a private conversation with Snape right now was likely a very futile and horrible idea, she could not follow him into the lion's den, not until he explained himself, explained what the hell had just transpired.

"Hang on for a second!" Penny said, weakly, tugging against Snape's grip. "You can't just drag me before him without explaining what the hell that was!"

"If you hadn't noticed, this isn't exactly the time or place to have a heart to heart," came his short reply.

"Then make it," Penny demanded, coming to a deliberate halt.

Snape would either have to drag her or stop his progress. Looking thoroughly annoyed, he turned to her, Penny certain he was contemplating taking the expedient option, but apparently his new found conviction not to man-handle her won out and he let out an annoyed sigh before pointing to a closet to their left. After muttering for several seconds and lighting the small space, he crossed his arms and looked impatiently down at her.

"Don't give me that look. You just told a room full of people you desired me! I have the right to know exactly how I was supposed to interpret that!"

Damning silence blared in the overly spacious closet, Penny unable to not notice how it was at least three times the size of the cupboard under the stairs she was forced to share with Harry for the first 11 years of her life. But she would not be deterred and she did not miss how the corner of his eye twitched, prompting her to continue. "You, my professor, asked for my hand in marriage from the Dark Lord! Oh, and let's not forget the part where no one gave a damn what I thought, you know, the girl being passed around like chattel!"