Author's Note

Hi all, I'm new to this platform, but I have been writing this story for over a year now and am in the process of getting it all over here. I'm currently 335k words in, so here are so notes about the story to keep in mind to decide if it's for you!

➼ I don't own Harry Potter and make no money writing fanfic. Characters, except for OC and world belong to JK Rowling **

⁍I started this story and wanted it to be about Snape, and what he would have done if he could try again. Would he apologize, talk more, try harder? Or would the dark arts always lure him?

⁍This story is told from the perspective of Penny, however, further in there is an exert from Snape. But the point of this story is to follow Snape's journey from a perspective of someone other than Harry. This story does follow cannon events, but where ever Snape is during cannon you can expect to find Penny there, so she is not following Harry and I'm trying not to re-write events we already know what happened, but fill in gaps with the story I have imagined. This means that Penny will be at Hogwarts during their 7th year while Harry is off finding horcruxes.

⁍While I try to follow cannon as best as possible, I have made some changes, Harry having a twin being an obvious one. Some deaths will be different, and I have changed some characters because I wanted more diversity in this fic and representation.

⁍Inspiration for some of my plot points incorporate ideas or themes from Attack on Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist and have been melded together and altered for Penny's story, so if you notice these, yay!

⁍This is not a Snape replaces Lily story, I did not make Penny resemble her mother for that plotline. Lily's appearance serves more as a reminder to Snape about his poor choices and how they impacted many lives and challenges him to strive to be a different man within the bounds of his character.

⁍I try to write Snape as in character as possible, however this story is not written from Harry's perspective so there will be natural deviations because every interaction is not laced with their animosity. I have also endeavored to write some realistic growth into the man and like to place him in funny situations he has to navigate ;)

⁍This is a Snape centric fic, but there are some other main players including Lupin, Malfoy and Cedric.-This is a mature fic, so please keep that in mind. I will put warnings in soon and will do my best to make sure you are informed about what to expect. Some themes and experiences, such as violence, depression and grief, could be hard for some readers.

⁍Lastly I actively oppose the transphobic remarks by JKR, this is a safe place and I'll delete any comments that attack or perpetuate that kind of nonsense.

⁍If you have questions, just comment, I'll always answer to the best of my ability without spoilers. This is a long-haul story, but I'm glad to have you!