The Half-Blood Prince

Happy week! 

Happy week! 

Hope this update finds you all well!! Nothing too exciting to report here except there being way too many good television shows I've gotten sucked into. I recently finished The Rings of Power, and with no spoilers, have developed a toxic ship. lol IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW. FML i just like bad boys? :( Writing Snape really helped me live out my love of this lol

I named this chapter The Half-Blood Prince for some obvious reasons and some not so obvious. Hope you enjoy it and have a good rest of your week!

******

"I saw her carrying that package," Penny said, a horrible sinking sensation taking hold in the pit of her stomach when Harry told her about how Katie Bell had been cursed by some necklace on her way back from Hogsmeade. "I knew she looked a little off when she didn't respond to me."

"I reckon Malfoy used the imperius curse. If he's a Death Eater now he wouldn't have any problems with it." Harry mused, evidently keen to have someone to discuss his theory with.

"Harry," Hermione said, a note of exasperation in her voice. "Professor McGonagall already told you Malfoy wasn't even at Hogsmeade, he was doing detention with her. He couldn't have done anything to Katie—"

"What? But I saw Malfoy at the The Three Broomsticks," said Penny, suddenly perturbed.

"I knew it!" said Harry.

"Are you certain, Penny," frowned Hermione.

"Well, I guess I'm not certain because I only saw the back of his head, but that was because Blaise stopped me. But he definitely said Malfoy had told him specifically to keep me away from whatever he was doing."

"When was this?" exclaimed Harry.

"Just before I saw Katie come back from the bathrooms."

"See!" Harry said, rounding on Hermione. "I told you it had to be Malfoy. He clearly brought the necklace from Borgin and Burkes."

"But it can't have been him, Harry. Professor McGonagall said he was in detention. He can't have been in two places at once. Whoever Penny saw can't have been him."

"And Blaise?" argued Harry.

"It's not like he makes it a secret that he hates Penny. He could have just been lying to make her go away."

It wasn't implausible, but Penny found herself unconvinced. And yet, she could not explain how Malfoy could be in two places at once.

"Hang on. But you can be in two places at once—"

"No you can't—"

"Yes you can, you were all of third year!" Harry said, a kind of 'aha' I got you this time in his voice.