When Telling A Lie

"Penny you little scoundrel, leading us all to believe you didn't like him!" Fred said, grabbing Penny around the shoulder and pinching her cheek like Mrs. Weasley would.

"The moment Cedric burst through the water would have been picture perfect if you hadn't looked like a drowning penguin," George added, using his pointer fingers and thumbs to frame Penny with.

"Not your best moment on the stage, but then pretty-boy wrapped you in that blanket and we were all sold, a love story that will go down in Hogwarts history," Fred simpered, gazing upward.

"You're going to give us the rights to this epic tale, right?" George grinned.

"Don't you two start, I've been accosted nonstop. And I'm pretty sure that fan club of Cedric's tried to hex me today. . ." Penny scowled.

Since the second task, the school had erupted in wild speculation about Cedric and Penny. A lot of people expressed their happiness and professed they knew it was destined since Cedric and Penny had starred alongside each other. That was all nice enough, if not a bit irritating, but it was the other group of people who were not supportive that were going to drive Penny insane. Cedric's fan club was one, but the others were the friends of Cho Chang. Unfortunately, the girl was quite popular, and her friends were convinced Penny had done something underhanded to ruin the relationship between Cho and Cedric. Penny had no energy for it and wondered how people could be so delusional.

"Our little baby, all grown up, Fred, her first boyfriend, I just don't think I'm ready," George said, dabbing his eyes.

"That pretty-boy has stolen our third from us, what will we do now!"

"I'm not a butterbeer, you guys," Penny said darkly, aiming a kick at George's shins.

"I don't know, Cedric seems pretty thirsty for you," Fred winked.

"Can you blame the man, I'm thirsty for Penny too, but I can wait, let you get some experience, explore yourself a little before I propose," George said in such a convincing tone Penny could not be sure if it was a joke or not.

Fred let go of Penny and moved towards George, his eyebrows narrowed,

"I'll be the one marrying Penny--"

"You two are idiots and I'm going to be late for class," Penny said, shaking her head. But neither twin was listening to her.

She sprinted down the corridor, but a hand caught her and pulled her back. Penny turned to meet the lopsided grin of Cedric. He wasted no time, stepping into her bubble to kiss her cheek gently.

"Hi, Penny," he said softly.

"That's not fair, I have to go to class," Penny complained when he pulled away.

"Guess you'll just have to come find me when class is over," he grinned.

"You just want me to suffer in class waiting for the bell to ring," Penny accused.

"So what if I do," he challenged right back, leaning in close again and looking down at her lips.

"Damn you. I'm going," Penny breathed.

He waited, his eyebrow arched and his pretty lips parted ever so slightly. This boy would be the death of Penny, she could feel it. She was trapped between wanting to throw her arms around Cedric and making it to class on time. She was definitely leaning towards skipping potions all together. However, she finally broke away from him with a disapproving sigh and bolted for the stairs. She was horribly late for potions, but perhaps if she hurried Snape would not notice.

When Penny entered the classroom she sighed in relief, Snape was nowhere to be found, but the space beside Neville was occupied, so Penny made for Draco. Everyone was already set up and reading the day's instructions. Draco's cool grey eyes turned to Penny with a smirk when she threw down her bag and stepped up beside him.

I Was Younger ThenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara