Lydia nodded while I walked over to my bathroom turning the faucet on and letting a little bit of water drop on my hands and I brought it up to my face then turned the faucet off taking a towel.

I didn't want all my mascara to be sneered all over my face.

Just as I was about to turn the light off I heard Lydia shouting.

"What the hell?! Who are you?! I'm calling the cops!" I immediately rushed out to my room seeing her up to the window and I approached her.

"What's going on..." I saw Isaac there outside of my window making me pause. This wasn't going to end up good, especially with Lydia here.

"I'm calling them right now!" Lydia went to grab her phone but I stopped her, grabbing her hand.

"No Lydia don't this Isaac you know my lab partner" I know I messed up by calling him lab partner.

Sure all lab partners sneak up your window.

"What is that freak doing at your window?!" I really couldn't deal with Lydia being mean to Isaac right now. I had to get her out before my mom made it back home but if I didn't I would obviously make her apologize which I don't think she would.

I just couldn't reason with her.

"We had an assignment to do. I told him to climb up the window, it's fine" I covered up and I saw Isaacs face. I know it was wrong for me to lie but I had to. "Just wait for me outside and let me get this settled okay"

Lydia hesitated for a second but then just walked away when she was gone. I turned around to see Isaac.

"Sorry about her but she'll be gone in a minute. We were just talking" I told him and he nodded while he stared at my face. I knew my eyes were a bit puffy.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Fine now..."  I replied and turned to see if Lydia wasn't near then back to him. "Listen uh...could you come back in a couple of minutes? I don't think I'll get any sleep she's going to go home in a minute I'll open the curtain when she's gone"

"Yeah I'll come by" he said and I nodded giving him a soft smile while he began to climb off the roof.

I just closed the window and went outside to the hallway where Lydia stood.

"Assignment? Huh I don't remember mr Harris assigning anything..." I knew Lydia was smarter than to fall for the dumb excuse but if I just continued to chnage the subject then she would stop asking.

"We're just behind...listen Lydia my mom is going to be here and if she sees you here she'll flip so let's go" I started pushing Lydia over to the stairs.

"Right..." She wanted to push on the subject of Isaac but that didn't matter.

It didn't matter because as soon as we hit the first step the door opened and I knew it was mom arriving from work.

She looked up to see us and just sighed.

I gulped and looked over to Lydia who sent me an apologetic look.

Lydia knew about my mom and I. She knew we didn't get along too well.

"Hey Lydia..." my mom wasn't going to start being mean in front of her I knew that.

"Hey Ms. Ava..." Lydia began to walk down the stairs and I followed behind her slowly.

"It's good to see you Lydia but I don't know if you're aware Angie is grounded" I stood there while both of them had a conversation and I just wanted to scoff at the hypocrisy.