Stand By Me E

Demi's POV

Once I was done in New York I was on the first plane out. I didn't like being away from my family before and now that Gianna is undergoing treatment, I hate leaving at all. I'm actually getting back early then I was supposed to so I'm going to surprise them. Instead of getting in on Wednesday I'm going to be in on Tuesday night. I'm most likely going to be jet lagged but it will be worth it.

Right after I stepped off David Letterman's stage I got into the car and the driver took me to the airport. The flight home was boring. Once it touched down Max drove me to the hospital. There were a few paparazzi outside so I just gave them a quick wave before entering.

I went up to Gianna's room and stopped right outside. I cracked the door open and only saw Gianna sitting up in bed throwing up. Dan was next to her trying to get her to calm down because she is crying.

"I don't want his anymore." Gianna said after she wiped her mouth.

"You are doing so good G." Dan said and rubbed her back.

"I just want it to stop, I want everything to stop." She said.

"I know you do, everybody wants to stop chemo after they start it, but you need to realize that if you stop, it will only get worse and you will die. You might be dying inside right now but think that you will be able to live again once this is over. You will be able to play lacrosse again, maybe not right away, but you will be. You'll get to wrestle with Mia again. You will get to have your life back. You just need to suffer a bit before you can get there." Dan said.

Damn he is just as good with words as Mia is. He knows what will get Gianna in the right mind set to beat this disease. After Gianna stopped crying and Dan cleaned her up I knocked on the door. Before anybody answer I walked in. Gianna, who is now lying back in bed eyes lit up when she saw me. Dan helped her out of bed and she walked as fast as she could into my arms. She can't run anymore. The fastest she could do is speed walk, which is more like our normal walking pace.

I threw my arms around her after she landed in my arms and kissed her bald head. I held onto Gianna for a few minutes before letting go and helping her back to bed.

"Where's your mom?" I asked.

"She went home to clean up a bit for you, thinking you were coming home tomorrow." Gianna said.

"Okay, is it okay if I go home and see her and come back tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yea, I was going to bed anyway." She said.

"Thanks and G we are going to talk about Logan when I get here tomorrow." I said.

Gianna didn't say anything but blush. Mia called me after Logan asked her out and told me. I wasn't surprised by it. The way Logan has been around for a while, let alone the way he looks at her like she is the most beautiful girl in the world. After watching from afar, I could tell that Gianna likes him.

When I got home I heard Mia from outside the door. I slowly opened the door to avoid making noise. As I stuck my head inside I saw her standing in the hallway with a broom in her hand belting out the lyrics to Stand By Me by Ben E. King. Her back is to me so I went fully inside and closed the door behind me. I put my stuff down and walked over to her and put my arms around her waist.

"Welcome home." She said.

"How did you know it's me?" I asked as the song still played in the background.

"I heard the door open and closed and if it was a robber then they wouldn't try to be quiet." Mia said and dropped the broom to turn around in my arms to face me.