44: Your Little Secret

Start from the beginning

"Mum, I'm just popping out for a bit." I call out to her, following Louis through the front door and to the car.

I hop in the front, anxiously rubbing my hands together.

"I knew all along you knew." Louis speaks, driving off down the road.

"Knew what?"

"I knew it was you that Harry had fallen for. From the very beginning...I knew. I could see it in his eyes."

I still face the front, not wanting to seem too interested in what he was talking about, even though I was a little.

"What's your point?" I grunt.

"He loves you Mollie..." He breathes. "Trust me. He tried to deny you, but he couldn't...because it's you."

I stay silent, not too sure on how to answer.

"I've never seen him look at a girl the way he looks at you Mollie."

I swallow. No more words were exchanged for the rest of the car journey. Thankfully it wasn't very long. Louis dropped me outside, and I walked into reception and get in the next lift, remembering that he was on the top floor.

I can feel my heart beating out of my chest with anxiety. I wasn't even fully sure if I wanted to see him. It was just an impulse reaction to say yes.

I look into the mirror that covers one of the walls in the lift and stare at my puffy eyes. I looked a state.

The doors open out onto the familiar corridor. I walk towards the single door, taking in a deep breath before turning the handle.

I take a step in, faced with Harry sitting on the sofa, his hands stressfully brushing through his brown curls. His breathing is uneasy and slow.

I close the door, Harry's head suddenly snapping up to face me.

"Mollie?" He stands. "You came?" He sounds surprised.

"For some strange reason, yes I did."

He steps closer.

"Are you okay?"

Is he serious?

"What? How do you think I've been?!" I snap. "I've been crying Harry!"

"Mollie, I didn't want that to happen, that's why I didn't want you at the interview." He stresses.

"So you would have just kept on pretending to everyone that I didn't exist?" My eyes turn glossy. "Do you have any idea what you implied by saying those things?" I speak. "You're basically saying that I'm not good enough to be part of your life. Saying that you're embarrassed by me."

"I never actually said that." He defends.

"You didn't have to. Your actions speak louder."

Stunned silence. My head is beginning to ache from all the different thoughts shooting through my brain. I try and hold back my tears, but I can't. It was too much.

"If you were so embarrassed by me the why did you even start this? Me and you. Why did you let Me fall for you?"

"Because I fell for you. I wanted to be with you!"

"Just not enough to tell anyone else about me?" A tear leaves my eye.

"Mollie listen to me." He pleas, taking my hand and squeezing it tightly as water droplets fall from my face. "I did it to protect you. You dont know what the media is like. I have to keep a certain image in order to keep fans. They can be cruel people, the media. They will pick out stupid little things about you...everything about you. I don't want them to do that to you."