: ̗̀➛ Chapter 46

Lee Kyung is a friend that Hee-seul didn't know she needed until they got closer. He's like a brother that she didn't really want yet grew fond of as time passes by. He's a family that stayed real to her despite of her self-destructing and horrible attitude.

Kyung oftens joke about being their babysitter because of how much trouble Hee-seul and Min-jun finds themselves into when they are left together but he's also the personification of the saying 'When you cannot stop them, join them'.

He has also been the quiet one among the group which complements the innocence of his girl friend and the chaoticness of the remaining trio. He didn't talk much and often sneer at people but he's great at making you know that he's there and always going to be there for you.

For Hee-seul, Kyung has always been the bravest among them. His parents wants him to pursue medicine because of their legacy but Kyung want to join the national team and represent whatever country he's in in any sport. He has always been a naturally gifted kid when it comes to sport. So despite of the beatings he got from disobeying his parents which simultaneously destroyed his childhood, he pursued his dream. He didn't care if his parents disown him, he firmly believes that no one could control his life aside from himself and that makes him a great role model for Hee-seul.

Lee Kyung has always been the aloof and cold guy yet the softest and warmest person you will ever know once you get through his thick façade. He's sweet and very respectful despite of growing up in a harsh environment. He has always been there for the four of them.

So, him standing up as coldblooded, cannibalistic monster being the last memory of him to Hee-seul broke her heart into tiny pieces, sending multiple emotions in her mind all at once and fusing together in a one jumbled mess.

Min-jun was no where different from the girl, eyes turning red from how hard he supress his tears as he heave deep breathes from how he literally feels like a pair of hand grabbing his heart bare-handed and ripping it apart before stuffing it back to his ribcage. It's suffocating. Yet, he needs to stay strong--- he wants to be strong for him and Hee-seul. Just thinking the possibility of them being the only two that will survive from the trio, he already doesn't want to go on.

"Kyung...." Hee-seul sobs, her fingers closing around a handful of Min-jun's coat as she bury her head on the lad's chest, the conversation of their friends turning into white noises, "Why him? We were so near... we.. I... it's not fair."

"Okay, are you all able to run?"

Min-jun pulls her closer, his hands on the back of Hee-seul's head as he caresses her back, "I know, Seul. I'm sorry."

He didn't even know why he's feeling sorry. Maybe, it was because he didn't do something to protect them? Or maybe, because he's blaming himself for what happened to Kyung? He knew no one's at fault but he cannot help but to take the blame for everything. If only he made the ties on the barrier stronger, would it make difference?

"Okay, if you go straight through the tennis court..."

"Kyung..." Hee-seul's grip on his blazer loosens as she pulls herself away from Min-jun's grasp, "he died because of them. He died because of this stupid virus."

"... and pass the construction site, you'll hit the mountains."

Min-jun stare at Hee-seul as she harshly wipe the tears that streams down her cheeks. Her eyes still held pain but it was being masked by the fiery anger that's slowly enveloping her system.

"Mr. Nam!"

Hee-seul's head turn towards the close door, the rhythmic thump from the zombies inside echoes in her ears and she feels another dagger penetrating her heart at the thought that one of them might be Joon-yeong and Kyung. Her eyes then drifted to her makeshift spear that Wu-jin picked up when she dropped it on the floor when she saw Kyung being bitten by the zombie.