: ̗̀➛ Chapter 33

The door rattles as Cheong-san forces the knob to budge, dropping the music sheet stand on the ground in favor of using both of his hand in opening the rooftop door.

"Come on, Open it!" Dae-su huffs as he skips steps, walking towards Cheong-san.

"It's locked." the lad announces between his laboured breath, eyes wavering as he tried to pry the door open.

"What?" Min-jun reacted, "It's impossible." his head looks up to Hee-seul who's standing one step up from him.

"Move," the bear slightly shove Cheong-san away, trying to open the door himself.

This is the first time Hee-seul shows her distress to everyone, forehead furrows as she walks towards the duo, watching as Dae-su slams his hand on the metal door, creating a clanging sound that reverberates all over the hallway, possibly attracting a horde of zombies too.

"It shouldn't be locked. It's never locked." Hee-seul spoke up, turning the door knob herself but it is indeed lock, "No, it's never been locked. I asked the Principal to keep the rooftop open because this is where the three of us sleep sometimes." or their escape plan when they don't want to deal with the teachers and academics in general. That's the reason why it was off-limits, because they already claimed the rooftop as theirs the moment they start attending in the school.

Kyung and Min-jun nodded and the others weren't even surprised that the Principal did it, knowing very well that the Moons have a tight grasp on the greedy Principal.

"Wait, Hee-seul, do you know the password?" Cheong-san asks the girl as he sprints in front of the keypad, fingers hovering on the numbers.

Hee-seul sheepishly shakes her head, "The Principal is stupid, he forgot the password so he can't give it to us."

This made Cheong-san to punch random numbers, each of his tries making the screen lit up red before the alarm sounded and the keypad shuts down itself, security locking itself up, "Shit!" the lad curses, punching the beeping machine.

Joon-yeong, seeing this, decided to butt in, slamming his body to the metal door as he begin to pound his fist, "Is anyone there? Anyone?" he calls, mouth closer to the gap between the doors, "Is anyone there? Please open the door!" every word he utters laces desperation as he bangs his fist on the door.

"Of course not! Get back!" Dae-su snapped at his best friend when no one from the other side answers.

"There could be a person in there. We're not the only student here and we're totally not the only who thinks rooftop is the safest place," Joon-yeong reasons out, "And the fact that it wasn't even supposed to be locked is another thing."

Wu-jin and Dae-su shared a look, both of them nodded as the latter counts from three before they slam their whole weight on the door. Repeating it a couple of times in hope of forcing the door open.

"They're here." Nam-ra announces which took everyone's attention.

Cheong-san move without a thought, grabbing the music stand sheet on the floor which was followed by Su-hyeok next. The trio of mischief shared a look, Kyung following the duo when they walk down the stairs and stop on the quarter step landing, the spear on his hand as he stood up from the other boys due to the white with blue stripes jersey he was wearing.

Min-jun grabs the knife from Hee-seul, giving her a once-in-a-blue-moon serious look as he follow Kyung on the stairs. Su-hyeok and Cheong-san are dead set in protecting all of them but Min-jun and Kyung cares nothing about the others, their mind set in making sure that their Hee-seul is safe.

"Irina, why?" her question came out as a whisper, her feet deeply rooted on her position in fear that if she moves, her bestfriend will take a step backward too, "We promised, right? Forever until the end?"