: ̗̀➛ Chapter 54

Hee-seul had never once fear death. She was too confident that when the time of her death comes, she will gladly accept her faith with open arms. For her, death signifies the end of her misery, the last period on her own story.

She had never once thought that she'll end up fighting for the life she didn't know she value. That she'll end up literally fighting for her life like what she's doing right now.

Maybe, it was her pride that keeps her alive. She wants to show the adults that left them on that very rooftop that she could live to haunt their living days.

Walking through the empty streets of Yangdong, she cannot help but to compare the atmosphere on her own life. Abandoned and dead.

She didn't even know how she has the energy to drag her own feet to move forward after fighting for her life none stop without sustenance. All she knows is that she wants to slap the adult's face that they can survive even without their help.

Head empty and heart void of emotion, Hee-seul feels no different than the walking cadavers that walks on their nightmare and daydream. Is this how zombie feels?

She could feel the warmth enclosing her right hand, fingers entertwining between her fingers as she feel the owner of that hand squeezes her hand.

Wu-jin cannot help himself but to steal glances at the girl walking beside him like a lifeless corpse, checking her every second if she's still alive and breathing. Funny how he was the one on the brink of death earlier but his heart couldn't settle with the thought that the girl beside him could slip between her fingers any moment from now.

He was never the one to worry about the future. He likes to go with the flow and will choose to dwell with the present than worry about what the future held for him. He's that simple minded.

But right now, he couldn't help but to wonder, would they live to breathe the air or would they crave for human flesh? If it comes to that point, he knew that he can do anything just to see his older sister and this girl to live and breath for another minute. Even if it means that he'll take his last breath in this life.

There's so many things left for him to do. He haven't even made proper amends for what he'd done when they were young. He's yet to explain how he fell after she had left. And he haven't got the increase on his allowance from his mother yet.

Ha-ri, despite of walking on lead keeps looking pass her shoulders to check the two, eyes determined for them to reach their destination like how she's determined to become a successful archer. If only that's easier.

Min-jun. Min-jun staggers to keep up with them. Falling behind as his fox-like eyes focused on Hee-seul's back. His white polo that was left unbuttoned were drenched with blood so as the black shirt underneath it. The earring that dangles on his right earlobe glistens with blood and sweat.

His head turn to look at Nam-ra who halted before sprinting away, not bothering to say something to inform the group as they continue to move forward and venture the uncertainty. He gulped, looking forward to see the back of Hee-seul's head.

However, his eyes travel from the girl's head down to her arms and their intertwined fingers, feeling the sharp pang in his heart yet a small smile pulls on both sides of his lips.

They were midway their journey when Su-hyeok felt something is wrong. Looking behind, his eyes widen, "Wait!"

On-jo, who was helping him to support Dae-su stopped in startle, "Why?"

"Nam-ra is gone." the lad announced in dread, tearing away from Dae-su before he sprinted back to where they came from.

"I'll be right back." was his last sentence before he was enveloped by the thick blanket of fog.