: ̗̀➛ Chapter 25

Trigger Warning: attempted suicide, brief mentions of suicide.

***

Hee-seul already expected that the catastrophe had reach the city too but she wasn't ready for the confirmation of her expectation. As the drone navigates out of the school campus, they found nothing but full chaos and death, the monsters roaming mindlessly on the road in hope of finding something that they could sink their teeth in.

Hee-seul fiddles with the watch tightly clasped on her wrist, finger pads wiping the non-existent dirt on the screen as the green light stares back at her. Her mind traveling to the thought of the twins. The twins knows basic survival and they're smart. They could think of an efficient solution under pressure and that at least made Hee-seul to somehow felt relieved but there's the thought gnawing on her sanity that they are children and one bite--- even scratch could be the end. They stayed calm and collected when they were kidnapped once but this is a whole different situation--- a situation that could end even the most smartest adult.

Her breath speeds up as her throat constricts, her heart beats erratically as her vision blurs just as the thought that her siblings could be dead. Her ears caught the distant whirring of helicopters flying up above the sky, her thought flying to the possibility of her getting out of this hell hole alive.

As Ji-min weeps at the sight of her parents being zombies, Hee-seul cannot help but to see the people inside the van as Chae-won and Chae-young. She closes her eyes tight, preventing the tears from falling on her cheeks as she inhale and exhales a couple of times, biting her lips hard to the point that she could taste the irony substance on her tounge as her fingers trembles.

The twins.... her lifeline.... Hee-seul, get yourself together. You have to get out of here alive and save your brother and sister.

Collecting herself has never been easy but she's good at hiding what she really feels. When she opens her eyes again, the emotion left like it wasn't even there before. The tears dried down and the pain on her eyes disappears. Maybe Hee-seul should've become an actress instead. Her whole life feels like she's acting to hide what she really is.

"Yah Ji-min ah!" the group erupts in an uproar when the ponytailed girl suddenly stood up to march towards the window, attempting to jump and commit suicide but got pulled inside by the others.

"I want to die! Leave me alone!" the girl cried.

"Don't be like this!" From the sea of yells and curses, Su-hyeok's voice resurfaced as the girl got pulled inside, landing on the floor.

"Ji-min, come on."

"Please let me go." The girl cries and trashes around, crying and weeping on the floor as she breaks down.

As Ji-min got pulled inside the Recording Studio by On-jo to keep her away from the window, Hee-seul has already decided. She stood up, marching towards the wall where the broken mop was.

"Yah, Moon Hee-seul?" Min-jun calls for her but the lass wasn't deter, marching back towards the table to grab the cutter, "What are you going to do with that?"

"Yah, don't touch the blood you idiot!" Kyung scolded her, throwing the box of tissue in front of her to which the lass accepted without saying anything.

"I don't know about you guys but I will leave this room." Hee-seul spoke up.

"What?"

"Come on, Hee-seul. Not you too!"

"Yah, what do you mean?"

Multiple retaliation bounces off through the four-corner room as Hee-seul begins to sharpen the broken end of the mop after wiping the blood.