: ̗̀➛ Chapter 42

"I'm gonna die tonight!"

"Run!"

"Save yourselves!"

"Run!"

As the hoard of zombies charges towards them with their soiled teeth bared in aggression and their snarls echoing on the auditorium chamber, the group of survivors scramble to run in hope of escaping the grasp of the deadly virus. Heart beats echoing in their ears to the point that the snarls and the raging storm outside became muffled as their feet moves on its own.

"Over here! This way!" Ha-ri yelled over the thundering roar outside, holding the door to the stock room wide open as she ushers the juniors inside the room.

"Come on!"

Ha-ri made sure that her brother and Hee-seul made it safely inside the room before looking out for her found companion who's busy pulling the makeshift gurney for their injured comrade.

"Are you crazy? Let go!"

Yoo Joonsung purposely rolled out of the gurney, dropping to the ground with a grunt and the sudden lift from force in the gurney makes Mijin fell on her butt. Ha-ri was quick to run towards them, holding the girl on both of her shoulder to pull her up.

"Yah! No! No!" the senior cried as she tries to reach for the boy who she considers friend and wouldn't admit.

The next thing Hee-seul knew was the coldness hitting her hand when Wu-jin once again break off from their hold with the purpose of running to his sister. Min-jun and Kyung already knew what comes next even before they could see her.

Hee-seul marches in pursuit of the guy, spinning the makeshift spear on her hands, preparing to strike as her hawk eyes zeroes on the zombie coming on the siblings' blind side.

Knowing that the mere wooden spear won't obliterate the zombie like how she wanted it to be, she decided to stab it on the neck with enough force as the blood splutters around before pulling the zombie still stucked on the sharp end of the spear closer to her before kicking it away so she could pull the wood. The sharpness of the spear don't stand a chance to penetrate the skull so stabbing the neck where some important structures of our system is the next safest bet.

"Fuck," she heard a curse behind her but she didn't care as she stab the zombie on the eye making sure that she twist the wood while it was still inside.

Looking up to see if any zombie are within their radius, she saw the injured guy doing his best to hold off the zombies charging towarss them despite of being eaten alive.

"Let go of me! No!" Mi-jin continues screaming as she trashes around the tight grip of the siblings.

Hee-seul jogs towards them, blocking her sight from the gruesome death of her friend as the siblings pulls her inside the stock room.

The time Kyung and Min-jun notices the absence of the troublemaker, she already killed a zombie so the least thing they could do was to help the twins in pulling the trashing girl inside the room.

"Get out of here! Hurry!"

Wu-jin closes the door shut when they succesfully forced the girl inside, heaving as the senior continues to weep on the ground.

Kyung slaps Hee-seul on the back of her head, the girl groaning while scratching her head. She didn't bother asking why considering the death glare the athlete was sending her.

"No! Let me go!"

The darkness inside the four corner room seemingly reflects the hole in their heart from all of the people they've lost in this chaos one way or another. Darkness that starts to spread on their mind as their hope dwindles down to nothingness.