: ̗̀➛ Chapter 49

There are many things that annoys Hee-seul to death and one of them are cockroaches. They seem little but very disgusting. Not just because they fly but because they can hide in dark places and crawl out unexpectedly. They seem to always survive anything and she swear she had read an article online that roaches have more higher rate of surviving an apocalypse.

And now, standing approximately sixteen feet above the ground with little space to move, they heard the familiar voice of Yoon Gwi-nam.

Hee-seul cannot help but to imagine Gwi-nam as a cockroach-- or maybe he is already. He has a knack for appearing out of nowhere to terrorize and cause havoc just to go down with the ruse of his death to only appear alive and well again. A cockroach and Yoon Gwi-nam. Both disgusting creatures.

"That asshole just never die." Dae-su speaks what most of them already thinks.

"Who's that?" the seniors, who were oblivious about the guy asks but they knew that he's trouble by how alert the teens becomes. And add to the fact that terror crosses their already pale faces.

"Maybe we heard it wrong?" Hyo-ryeong whispers, seemingly convincing herself, "It's quiet now."

When Cheong-san walks towards the window they used to get out, the teens shuffles to either stand or move. Wu-jin immediately enclosing Hee-seul's hand with his while Ha-ri seemingly covers them with her small stature.

Hee-seul grab Min-jun's hand when he was about to step forward and follow Cheong-san, now alert because of the fear that she'll lose him too like how she lost Kyung. She can't. She just can't. She'll go crazy if she lose another one of the selected few people she cherishes the most.

And then the plastic cover were harshly ripped off of the window, revealing the smug face of Gwi-nam who didn't look like he fell from the rooftop.

There's blood staining his mouth, pale lips cracked as his perfect set of teeth grins at them like the cheshire cat would grin to its victim.

"Here you are," he chimes.

The group did nothing but to panic, doing their best to stay away from the window as Cheong-san charges to swung the metal pole but the bully deflected it as if it was nothing, grabbing Cheong-san on the shoulder instead before slamming his back on the concrete wall. The lad fell down, grunting in pain as a sharp and burning pain spreads on his whole back.

Gwi-nam jumped out of the window, feet landing on the small strip of ground while the others cower in fear.

As if the destiny's playing with her, Hee-seul felt her whole world spins when Wu-jin and Min-jun pulls her up so she wouldn't get trampled on. The effect of her high fever, dehydration, and starvation nearly knocked her off her feet if it wasn't for the two lads holding her close to their body.

She hates being vulnerable.

Gwi-nam stepped on Cheong-san's chest, knocking off his breath as he groans in pain. Su-hyeok immediately jumped on action, throwing a punch but Gwi-nam was quick to attack, sending the taller lad to the edge before his body tipped and fall down. Thankfully, he manages to hold on the edge.

The others that are near the edge clambers to help Su-hyeok back to the landing, panicking as Gwi-nam once again stepped on Cheong-san's chest and half of his body literally dangling on the edge.

One thing about Hee-seul that makes her stupid is she cannot just keep her mouth shut for her own sake and it is something that often gets her in trouble.

"You're too obsessed with Cheong-san that it makes me think that you like him," they weren't sure whether Hee-seul's joking or serious by the tone of her voice, "You're still no different than the past, Yoon. You're still a lapdog."