: ̗̀➛ Chapter 28

"You were bitten, aren't you?"

The group turn their eyes to Hyo-ryeong after her trembling statement, Dae-su flinching back as he tries to step away from the Class President. Their eyes travel to the exposed wound from the girl's arm, her cardigan was ripped which exposed the bleeding gape on her arm.

At the sight of the obvious bite wound, the others who originally were seating down stood up to cower away from the nonchalant girl. Kyung and Min-jun, however, steps forward to somehow trap Hee-seul behind them. She's smart but she could be stupid and reckless somehow and knowing how she reacts when her valued friends are in a wrong spotlight, it's better if they prevent her from doing something before she even think of it.

Due to the tall stature the duo standing in front of her, Hee-seul couldn't see what's happening but she heard the clattering of the tables and could barely see Cheong-san grabbing something from the floor. Hee-seul's eyes turn to the side, intending to move away from the two without them knowing but her eyes locked on a certain pair of figure, Wu-jin holding Hyo-ryeong's arm like he was ready to pull her out of danger.

Hee-seul's eyebrow briefly raises at the sight before her attention was taken back at the current issue between the group.

"That's not it." Su-hyeok exasperated, moving in front of Nam-ra while holding his hand up.

Yet Cheong-san didn't back down. Instead, his grip on the music sheet stand tightens as his eyes clearly shows the alarm and fear he's feeling, "Move! Step back, Su-hyeok!"

"That's not it, asshole." Su-hyeok retaliated, returning the intensity of the former's tone.

He turns to Nam-ra who has been silent and emotionless ever since, "Tell him. Tell him that you weren't bitten by a zombie!" he urges the class president.

Yet Nam-ra didn't answer. Silence reigns for what felt like hours but in reality, only seconds have passed.

"Say something!" Su-hyeok felt and sounds like he's loosing his mind, looking around as he continues to defend the girl, "Gwi-nam... He bit her. It wasn't zombies."

Cheong-san's eyes widen as he sputters, "Who?"

"Gwi-nam. The bully." Su-hyeok stated.

"Yoon Gwi-nam?" Cheong-san repeated to which Su-hyeok nodded to. He turn to Nam-ra, "Nam-ra, did Gwi-nam really bite you?"

The girl in question slightly nod her head to which enrage the boy holding the music sheet stand, "Say it clearly."

"It's true," Su-hyeok snapped at him, not liking the tone he used to talk to his girl, "Hee-seul was there. She fought with Gwi-nam too."

Cheong-san gulped, "Gwi-nam was bitten by zombies."

"What bullshit are you talking about?" Su-hyeok scoffed, clearly not believing Cheong-san.

"I saw it with my own two eyes. I was there when he was bitten. If you got bitten by a zombie, you'll turn into one. So if Gwi-nam bit her---"

His statement was cut off when Su-hyeok screams in frustration, "I told you she wasn't infected!"

The snarls from the outside rages as the zombies starts to slam the door even harder, alerting the people inside the room.

"Gwi-nam wasn't a zombie." This time, Su-hyeok looks defeated though his stern tone contradicts his eyes that starts to brim with tears, "He wasn't."

The clanging of something took their attention from the trio at the middle, Min-jun and Kyung's eyes widening in both confusion and shock when they Hee-seul infront of them. The duo whips their head behind them to only see that the girl they were protecting weren't even behind them anymore.