: ̗̀➛ Chapter 48

Min-jun's eyes met the pair of Wu-jin's, seemingly communicating through their minds before their eyes fell on the girl staring in the distance. Wu-jin cannot help but to feel shiver run down his spine, eyes scanning her whole facial features.

His eyes notices how her jaw tightens, possibly by how hard she was clenching her teeth behind those close lips. Her pair of dark eyes were glaring daggers in the distance, both of her hand holding his and Min-jun's hand tightly like she never want to let go. He then remember how reluctant Hee-seul was when Ha-ri went out her way to check for possible exit.

Min-jun cannot help it, reaching out to massage her jaw softly, "Your dentist will scold you for grinding your teeth. You know it's bad."

"How would he scold me if he's already one of them." Hee-seul responded in cold voice.

Min-jun shrugs his shoulder, "You might never know. Maybe, he survived and got rescued before everything became in shambles."

"Min-jun, who on their right mind would even worry about their teeth in a damn survival?" Hee-seul deadpans.

"Me." the lad responded without a hitch.

"Hey," Wu-jin suddenly calls their attention, "Do you think it is possible for the zombies teeth to fall out since they are decaying? I mean, it's one less way of infecting other people if they can't bite?"

Both the two bestfriends turn to him, hoping that he's joking but the seriousness on his eyes tells otherwise.

"Dude? Where did you get that? The Scouts guide to zombie apocalypse?" Min-jun snorted.

"This is their fault," Hee-seul uttered in a low voice but enough for the two lads to look at her, "Kyung and Joon-yeong. They weren't going to die if only they've rescue us. Kyung will still be by my side and scold me for jumping into a life and death situation head first if they took us with them. They were to blame for the casualties we've got."

Wu-jin blinked, "Don't you think they are also the victim? It isn't like they were the one who started this mess in the first place right?"

But Hee-seul shakes her head in indignance, "They have the advantage to save us. They had weapons and isn't it their job to protect the people of the country? Their responsibility that they've taken oath before they got their badges? They're just as worst as the person that starts this fucking virus."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm mad at them too for leaving us here to fend for ourselves knowing that we don't stand a chance in surviving," Wu-jin agreed, "but you know what, it makes me want to survive even more. I want to rub it in their face that I don't need someone to rescue me. I'm going to the safe zone with or without their help."

"I just want to survive because I want to kill the person who started this virus." Hee-seul mutters through her gritted teeth, hands over the duo's hand tightening as she leans her head on Wu-jin's shoulder.

"Do you think Kim Hyeon-ju's still alive?" the lad asks in wonder.

"I'm not talking about Kim Hyeon-ju." said Hee-seul, closing her eyes as she feels her world doubles and the pounding headache that she tried to ignore becomes unbearable.

Through his jumbled thoughts, Min-jun was able to realize how hot Hee-seul's skin has become. Jolting on his seat, he reaches over to touch Hee-seul's forehead, "Shit, you're burning with high fever!"

Typically, a fever is not something to worry about but a high fever could be fatal. It is a sign that your immune system is reacting well to the virus by raising up the temperature of our body to make it harder for the germs to multiply and foster but when the temperature of our body raises too high, it could cause failures of the organs. It didn't help that they were all starving and dehydrated, something that our body needs to heal.