: ̗̀➛ Chapter 29

"I'm..." Cheong-san gulped down the invisible lump forming on his throat, fiddling with his fingers as he tries his best to meet the cold stare of Hee-seul, "I'm sorry, Hee-seul. I've thought of what you've said and you were kind of right. I'm afraid of this whole zombie shenanigans and I don't know who to trust anymore. Maybe I'm a little---- no, I'm really harsh but I still stood on my statement that I've seen Gwi-nam was bitten by not only one but a handful of zombies."

"Why are you saying sorry then? Because just like what Nam-ra had said earlier, You don't have to say sorry because I'm not sorry at all," Hee-seul responded, "I did my best to explain what I know and what I've seen. It on you if you believe us or not."

"I am sorry because I've handled the whole situation wrong and you have some point in your little speech earlier. I am apologizing because of my action, not because I stood firm on my claim." Cheong-san explains, not liking the tension that was starting to build up on the group.

"I have something to say," Wu-jin raises his hand innocently, "We've kind of talked about having synergy and unity earlier but we haven't talked about how we are lacking on trust department. And we're actually not listening to each other, we're kind of being close-minded in the whole situation and I know it is because it's really hard to trust everyone especially that our lives are put to stake but how can we even form a synergy and unity when we can't even trust each other?"

Hee-seul didn't know why Wu-jin is looking at her like he's waiting for her to praise him but damn it-- he's so cute!

"I agree to Wu-jin," Joon-yeong nodded, "But Is there really a point for both sides to lie? I mean, their statements are very contradicting but why would they lie?"

"Because we're not lying. I've seen Gwi-nam with my two eyes when he fell over the window. Actually, I was told by Su-hyeok that he wanted something from Cheong-san," her cold gaze focuses on the lad who shift uncomfortably under her gaze, "Mind telling us what it was?"

Yet Cheong-san remained silent, looking at his feet like it was the most interesting thing in the world. This made Hee-seul to blatantly roll her eyes and cross her arm in front of her chest, leaning her back on the chair.

"So, let's just say she was really immune. If Nam-ra's immune, does that mean she's okay even if she was bitten?" Dae-su wonders aloud.

"Uh, that's right." Joon-yeong responded.

"Oh shit," Dae-su curses, "That's not fair. What kind of vitamins is she eating to have such strong immune system to actually fight the zombie virus?"

"It doesn't matter," Ji-min butted in, "She still has zombie blood in her veins."

For the nth time, Hee-seul rolls her eyes again. Okay, maybe she's kind of being biased because it was Nam-ra and she's her friend but who wants to hear someone bad-mouthing your friend? Certainly not Moon Hee-seul.

"She isn't completely a zombie," Dae-su suddenly raises his head as if he had a eureka moment, "Half-bie?"

"What does Half-bie means?" Hyo-ryeong asks him.

"Short for Half Zombie." Dae-su answered.

"Aishi---"

"It's like half and half. Like half spicy and half fried... Oh! I want to eat chicken" the bear sulks as he buries his head on his arms.

"Stop it, Dae-su!"

"Technically, if Nam-ra did end up immune, she could become the key for this pandemic to end." Kyung, for the first time shared his knowledge to the group.

"Why?" Min-jun asks.

"Because people who are immune means they have something on their blood cells that could fight the virus. I think that was what they call Antibodies," Kyung explains what he knows, maybe it was little but it could help clear things up, "They could take someone immune's antibody and study how it manages to fight the virus and that's when they'll recreate it and make it as a vaccine. Her blood could also be beneficial for future studies about the zombies."