: ̗̀➛ Chapter 17

You know the feeling when you're really in a deep sleep which you rarely get because of many factors and then you're dreaming about experimenting something. In that dream, you're about to finally know the result of the experimentation when you rudely got awaken with screams and argument? Yeah, that's exactly what Hee-seul is feeling right now.

Moon Hee-seul has always been the curious one and her brain won't never let her rest until she solved what's getting her curious but the annoyance she felt for the interruption was dissolved when she was greeted by not only one but three broad backs literally caging her against the cabinet. She looks up to Nam-ra who was now standing up and looking forward with tears glossing her eyes. Now, she's really curious.

"I swear, I'm fucking not!"

Although her sight was restricted, she could recognize the voice. Are they quarreling again?

"What's happening?" her voice cut through the thick tension, standing up and slightly pushing at the middle of the guys blocking her way so she could see what's happening.

The moment she finally look, she doesn't need anyone to tell her before her brain begins to connect things and come up with one conclusion, "The fuck? How much did I missed?"

"Hee-seul ah, this is not the time." Wu-jin whispers to her, softly grabbing her arm so he could pull her back behind him but Hee-seul stood firm. Wu-jin didn't pull his hands from her wrist just because Hee-seul didn't pull away.

"This.. I'm not..." Gyeong-su stuttered, trying to convince at least one of them that he's not really infected.

"I'm sorry, Gyeong-su yah. Please, stay back." On-jo sobs, her voice trembles as she try to prevent the tears from falling from her eyes.

Hee-seul scans the surrounding, trying to assess the situation if another attack happened while she was asleep. No, there's nothing different aside from the broken window that causes the cold breeze of the night to pass through and circulate on the four corner room, making them shiver as the cold nips on their bare skin.

'Does the virus takes long before it took effect? Then how does it spread within a short period of time? If I did the math right, this long incubation period would've slow down the spreading of the disease. But why was Gyeong-su turning just now? The sun was still up when they last encountered a zombie but it's already night time. An hour had passed but it took only 30 minutes before the chaos ensue. It's not making sense,' - The gears on Hee-seul's brain starts to churn as she mentally mapped out the whole thing. Until her eyes suddenly widened, 'Or there's an interference.'

"I've turned right?" Gyeong-su's voice quiver, his back hunched as his whole body action shows the submission and acceptance, "Cheong-san, what do I do?"

Yet Cheong-san is no where accepting the faith of his bestfriend, "No.. No, this doesn't make any sense. Why would you..."

On-jo strides to pull Cheong-san away from Gyeong-su but the latter harshly pulls his arm away from her grasp, "This cannot be true!" he said, voice breaking as he keeps his eyes on Gyeong-su, "Why would you suddenly..."

"No, Gyeong-su why would you--" Cheong-san tried to hold his best friend but the former staggers to get away from his hand, stumbling on his own feet just to create distance between them.

"Stay away. Don't come closer." Poor Gyeong-su is trembling, thoughts in disarray as his whole eye sight turns the color of blood.

Hee-seul cringes the way Gyeong-su's bones begin to crack in odd manner, the latter trying his best to somehow control the spasm of his own muscle.

Alive but Shattered | All of us are deadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें