“No one will notice I’m gone”?

Dorian looked at me in concern, walking over to reassure me. “Only because of me, don’t worry, when we come back all will be forgotten, or remembered”.

“I don’t like this”. I admitted, looking down at the snow covered walk.

“Just trust me, it’ll be fine. Please don’t waste time worrying about anything, it’s all under control, I’ll take care of you I promise”.  

“I know you will”.

“I’d kiss you but we’re not exactly in the clear yet”. He muttered grumpily.

“Is this even a good idea”?

“It’s a brilliant idea and deep down you know it too”. I had to concede to that, it would be good for us to get away from here, to just be able to be together how we want to and when we want to without having to hide from people.

Even though I can appreciate the greatness of the idea I was still scared of being completely alone with Dorian for a week, look what happened when we were alone half a day. It still makes me feel stupid and sad even after we patched it all up.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and walked back inside the house, stomping my boots on the mat to get the snow off and wondered into the living room and to Alec who was still glaring at Dorian through the net curtain. I poked my brother gently in the lower back and he squirmed for a minute like it tickled before he turned around and gave me a disapproving look.

“I don’t like this Emma”.

“I know, I’m not sure how I feel about it either”. I murmured, scratching my head for something to do.

“Well you don’t have to go”.

I looked at him with the intention of rolling my eyes, but caught myself at his worried stare. “Yes I do, we need time on our own to fix things between us, we aren’t the same as we were before... we need time”.

“You can have time here”.

“What with everyone sniffing around us? Having to hide away and plan it so that we’re alone? That’s the opposite of helpful”.

“Don’t make me say it Emma I’m begging you”. I frowned when Alec looked at me with height of awkwardness.

“Make you say what”? He looked at me and in that moment he looked so much like my Dad, with that exact expression he wore when he decided to give me 'the talk'. I made a face at my brother.  “Don’t be gross”. Not that I thought intimacy with Dorian would be gross, it was just gross that Alec was thinking about it.

“Well what am I supposed to think”?!

“I don’t know but not that, it’s weird.