Trust

"Hey, Giorno. You in there?"

When Mista didn't hear a response, he knocked at the big, wooden door again.

"Giogio? May I come in?"

"I don't know. Can you?"

Sighing, Mista leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms.

"I came down to apologize to you. You don't have to open the door but I'll say it: I'm sorry for what I said in the groupchat. I know how important this stuff is, and I know you trust me a lot. And I also know that I broke that trust. I understand if you don't want to talk to me for a while, but I truly am sorry."

There was a moment of silence, before approaching footsteps were heard from behind the door.

"You know I can't be mad at you for more than 20 minutes..." Giorno's muffled voice chuckled from inside his office. "I guess it caught me by surprise, but I do forgive you. But may I ask you something?"

Mista chuckled back, "Sure. What's on your mind?"

A second of silence turned into 10, and those seconds turned into a minute.

"...What exactly gave it away?"

"Well..." the brunette began, after pondering for a while. "Probably the abnormal amount of affection you two show. The occasional hand-holding? You guys are not exactly discreet. But I'll give it to you, 16 year olds..."

Giorno laughed, finally opening the door to face his friend.

"Hi, there!" Mista greeted.

"Hi." The blonde chuckled, "I'm surprised. We tried to be so careful about it." He opened the door wider.

"I have to admit, I'm really curious too. So it's not completely your fault." Mista said, getting inside the big office.

"Yeah, trust me, I know that." Giorno chuckled, sitting on his desk, as he turned the chair to Mista.

The brunette sat down, rubbing the back of his neck, apologetically.

"It's something I gotta get better at. But Giorno, there's something I want to ask you."

"What is it?"

He hesitated before he finally spoke, in a voice barely above a whisper, "Do you not trust us?" He gulped before continuing. "It's just that... the more I'm with you, the more I realize you barely tell us anything. And it always ends up with my big mouth spoiling everything, and it all turns to shit. So... do you not trust us?"

Giorno shuffled in his seat, looking around the room, as if looking for a proper answer.

"I do." He affirmed. "I do trust you guys, more than anything."

"Good, because that's what we're here for." Mista smiled up at his boss.

"But, unlike you, Mista, I'm not an open book. I think I've gotten used to it, by now."

"Which is okay. Honestly, I think it's good that you're naturally like that, considering your position."

And Giorno knows it's true. Sometimes, he considers it an advantage, actually! He's nowhere near as closed as Fugo, but he isn't easy to read, most of the time.

"Mista, I want you to know that, despite everything, you're one of the few people in my life that I trust the most. Get that through your thick skull." The blonde laughed, tapping his friend's forehead.

"I know, Giogio. I promise I won't disappoint you again." Mista smiled, taking a hold of the other's hand, kissing his knuckles, softly.

Just as he was about to stand up and leave, another knock at the door was heard.

"Giorno? It's me, Fugo. Can I come in?"

"I think I'll leeeeave..." Mista smirked, before feeling Giorno's foot pressing down on his leg.

"Come in."

Entering the room, papers in hand, Fugo smiled as he closed the door behind him.

"Ah! So you decided to not be a pussy, and actually come!"

"Oi! I'll let you know that I am not a pussy! And I do have common sense!" Mista barked back, watching his friend walk over to the big desk Giorno was sitting on, placing down his papers.

"So everything's okay between you two, now?"

"I'd say it is." Giorno smiled down at Mista, who returned the smile.

"By the way, I stopped by Nara's room on my way here. Man, that shit looks nasty... it's all red and swollen and ERGH..."

Making sure his boyfriend wasn't looking, the blonde leaned his head to the side, hinting Fugo's presence to Mista.

"Actually." The brunette cleared his throat, catching the younger boy's attention. "I know I already said it back in the groupchat, but I'm sorry, Fugo. I know it's-"

"It's okay, you already apologized before. You can be annoying sometimes too, you know?"

"See?! This is why I don't apologize to you, ever!"

The two glared at each other, breaking eye contact when they heard Giorno's laughter.

"I'm sorry but..." He cleared his throat. "You guys are funny, like that! It's almost as if you have a love/hate relationship with each other."

"Give it a name." Fugo shrugged, patting the immense pile of papers on his boyfriend's desk. "Anyways, it's almost 3 in the morning, I think I'll go to sleep. You guys don't go to bed too late, alright?"

The other two nodded in agreement, Mista and Fugo sharing a "goodnight" side hug- something that they've been doing for a really long time, but haven't had the time to notice.

The silver-haired leaned in to kiss Giorno's cheek, whispering a soft "love you", before he finally left the room.

Mista chuckled, looking back at the door.

"Stuff sure is gonna stink like rainbows and flowers from now on, huh?"

The brunette gasped, jumping from his seat, at the sight in front of him.

Giorno's hair was covered in small, white flowers, his bright red face being covered by his hands, as Mista picked one of the flowers.

It's a small gesture but it gets the blonde flustered everytime, without exception.

"There it is!! I gotta show this to the others!"

Before he could leave the room, Giorno's hand grabbed the back of his shirt, pulling him back on the chair.

"Too soon, Mista."