Questions..

Blitz leaped onto the balcony and saw Stolas sitting at his desk writing things. Octavia was laying on Stolas's bed. "Uh-" Octavia looked over and yelped. "Dad!" Stolas looked at the window. "Don't worry Via."

Octavia knew her dad was under stress for some reason, but she didn't know why he seemed so careless. "Dad! I don't want to hear.. that!" Stolas turned around. "Via! We aren't going to." Blitz walked into his room and gave Stolas the grimoire. "We won't need it until the full moon, so here." Octavia stared in confusion. "What is happening?"

Stolas placed his pen on the paper he was writing and faced Octavia. Blitz winced. "You didn't tell the kid?" Stolas glared at Blitz. "Blitz, quiet." Blitz bobbed his head and plopped onto the comfortable bed. "Via, I'm sorry. Go-" Octavia walked past Stolas and grabbed the piece of paper and started reading. A blue gas surrounded Stolas's hand and the paper was yanked from Octavia's hands and placed into his.

"Dad! Why are you doing this?" Stolas heard his phone ding. "Your mother is on her way. I-I can't, Via I'm sorry." Octavia's eyes watered. "You wouldn't have done this if you never met him." She motioned to Blitz. Stolas got quiet and Octavia pushed by him. Stolas sighed and sat back down. "I have never seen you this stressed before Stolas." Stolas placed his head on his table, wiping his tears out of Blitz's sight. "I- uh.. I'm just busy, Blitzy."

Hours went by, Blitz was very happy he brought his pony figures to play with. "Stolas, it's been 4 hours, why am I here?" Stolas looked at the clock and sighed. "I'm trying to write to Lucifer." Blitz looked at the paper.

"It looks fine. Can I go home?" Stolas grumbled and got up. Blitz sat down next to Stolas. Stolas got up and kneeled down to Blitz and started going through his pockets. "H-Hey! You said we weren't doing anything." Stolas looked up at Blitz. "We aren't. I'm looking through your pockets." Blitz watched him rummage through his pockets until he found a gun. "You have a gun?" Blitz scoffed. "Duh." Stolas handed it to him. "Do you have clothes?" Blitz nodded. "Good. Can you stay tonight?"

Blitz shook his head. "No! Stolas, Loona is-" Stolas grabbed his shoulders. "She's 22 years old. She can manage. I need protection, Blitz, please. I'm scared." Stolas's eyes watered as he spoke. Blitz huffed. "Fine." Stolas walked into his closet and changed into his robe. He turned off the light and lit the candles on the top of his bed. Blitz got under the sheets and closed his eyes. After all, he never minded sleeping in Stolas's bed.

Blitz woke up to a gasping noise and quickly grabbed his gun and turned around. No one was there, just Stolas holding his mouth as tears sloppily poured out of his eyes. "Hey.. hey what happened?" Blitz never showed Stolas any close affection, other than sex, which at the same time was just a deal. For the first time ever, Blitz hugged Stolas with true emotion. He didn't know why, he was just scared for Stolas and wanted him to calm down. His trembling slowed as he allowed himself cry into Blitz's arms.

Once Stolas had the power to speak, he muttered an apology. "Why? No! Don't apologize to me." Stolas sighed and Blitz distanced himself a little. "It was a night terror, about my mother." Blitz had several of night terrors about his mother. Many were about the time he heard her voice when he was fighting BarbieWire.

"What happened with your mom?" Stolas's eyes watered. "When I was around 19, someone broke into the castle with a blessing-" Blitz interrupted and pieced things together. "A blessing tipped rifle." Stolas looked at him. "How.. how did you know that?" Blitz shook his head. "Keep going." He nodded. "I heard a crash from her room. My father had worked late and was a few flights of stairs down. A masked creature.. a demon.. had broken into her room. I was in the doorway and I watched her be shot by the angel weapon. She looked at me as I collapsed on the ground and held her. She told me to find someone that loved me the way she did. Then a hole faded into her chest."

Blitz even teared up. His mother didn't die as brutally as that. Stolas took a shaky breath in. "I just cried. I didn't defend or avenge her. My father heard and walked in. He pushed me aside and held her. He had no expression, just disappointment." Stolas's sadness turned into anger.

ALL DRAWN BY: TeaTheKook on Twitter.

He pulled a smile and shook his head. "Sorry I woke you though, Blitzy. Thank you for listening." Blitz for some reason felt a butterfly feeling in his chest. His tail swayed on the bed, awaiting for something to happen, yet Blitz didn't know what. "Are you okay?" Blitz nodded. "Mhmm, I'm just sorry that happened to you.. I-uh.." Blitz swallowed. "Do you want to go back to bed?"

"Oh-Oh yea! Sure." Stolas smiled. He grabbed the covers and turned his back to Blitz. Blitz laid on his back and thought paced in his mind. "Stolas?" Stolas muttered a reply, letting Blitz know he was asleep. "I- It's nothing." Stolas rolled over and went to sleep.

A few hours passed and Stolas noticed a yellow light. "Blitzy?" Blitz looked at him. "Huh?" He stammered. "Your eyes woke me." He chuckled. "How long have you been awake, Blitzy?" He laughed as he spoke. "I haven't slept." Stolas sprung up. "You have to sleep!" Blitz shrugged. He was in disbelief. Did he.. did he love Stolas?"

(959 words; published 2022-07-02)