Darkness Lurks(10)

Harry didn't lie, when I had finally managed to get out of bed and put on some clothes, there were a stack of five pancakes lying on the counter. I sighed, already missing him. I took the plate of pancakes, and drizzled some syrup onto them. After sitting down, fixing my pink tank top and sweats. I didn't have to work today, which was something I was glad for. Today isn't a day I feel like doing anything.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the door open, the front door. Oh right, Liam was coming over. I took another bite of the soft pancakes, they were still warm.

"Sophie?" His voice boomed through the house, and he walked into the living room with a bag in his hands.

"Hey." I spoke after swallowing. His gaze travelled to mine, and he smiled.

"You okay?" He questioned, sitting next to me on the sofa.

"I guess." I answered, licking my lips. Liam looked down to my pancakes, then back up to me.

"Those tasty?" Today he was asking only questions so far.

"Yeah, they're good. Harry made them." My thoughts were back to Harry again, and I wondered what he was doing. Maybe he was flirting with other girls. Or maybe, this was his way of finally getting away from me. I must be so annoying, I'm just another thing to worry about.

"You're not okay." He whispered, moving closer to me. I set the empty plate on the side table, and trained my eyes to my fiddling fingers. I don't understand how anyone could be as caring as Liam.He wrapped his arms around me, something Harry would do. It was comforting, but I still missed Harry's way of caring. I don't know why, but the tears suddenly crept into the corners of my eyes.Oh, Harry. I'm so pathetic.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Shh.." Liam said, pulling me into a hug. I can't help myself, I miss Harry's voice, his compliments, his eyes. Those emerald greens that said so much more about him than anything else.

"Listen Soph.. I bet Harry right at this moment is missing you so god dam much it's killing him. Harry loves you, trust me. The boys and I would know the most, he always talking about how you blush at every compliment," He lifted my head up, looking into my eyes.

"How you always care about everyone else before yourself, when you fiddle with your fingers, and that you're so perfect. I agree with him." He stated, taking his turn to look down. Liam was, I must admit, my favorite out of the boys. He always made sure I was okay, and even now he's making me feel better, just a little.

"Liam..why are you one of the most caring people in the world?" I ask after a pause, wrapping my hands around my bump. He wrapped his arms around me, a smile creeping onto his face.

"Because I care about what happens to you." He stuttered, his soft brown eyes meeting mine again. Liam reminded me of Harry, and how Harry wouldn't want me to be sitting here with Liam, his arms wrapped around me. But , I could trust Liam not to try anything. I don't like him that way, I don't. Right?

"So, what did you bring?" I stammered, desperately trying to change the subject. He lifted the bag up, grabbing something inside.

"Movie time?" He hinted, holding up a few DVD's.  I laughed, chewing on my bottom lip afterwards. I can't like Liam. Not that way, at least.

-

"Okay, Ashton Kutcher was really romantic in that movie." We had just finished watching 'No Strings Attached' with Natalie Portman. It was wear these two people were 'Friends With Benefits' and soon fell in love. It was cute, but some scenes I looked away from the screen while Liam laughed. Having Liam around was fun, and I enjoyed just watching movies with him. As soon as they ended though, thoughts of Harry surfaced, again.