"'The humanity... Has not perished' huh" Zeke read whilst Grisha continued to write. Y/N stared at Eren who was beside her trying to figure out what he was thinking while Eren himself stared at nothing with no expression. "What grand word he left behind"

Both Grisha and Zeke's eyes calmed softly seeing the old photograph of their family being inserted in Grisha's book closed it and kept it locked in a drawer.

"I still have that picture..." Y/N muttered seeing the drawer being locked with the key. "I looked like a fabulous baby back then... "

After starting at the lock and then looking forward, Grisha's eyes widened supposedly seeing the frowned and empty face of Eren that was paired with Y/N's icy cold glare that probably pierced his soul.

The memory changes when that morning happened. The morning where gave the key. The day when everything would fall for Wall Maria.

"Oh, family. We're back!" the younger Y/N sang/shouted as she busts into the house as if she was about to give a musical.

'oh, dear... Rip our neighbors or whoever they were they probably died or something...' Y/N thought sighing.

"I'm home... " Young Eren added coming inside with Mikasa behind.

"Y/N. Please stop doing that" Mom/Carla said as she was cooking whilst Dad was sitting "And welcome home"

The two children alongside the teenage Y/N came in. The two children filled a box with firewood as young Y/N sat across from her father.

"Ah, Eren. I saw you've worked harder than usual" Carla praised coming up to young Eren as a young Y/N gave her mom the 'that brat is lying' face.

"Y-yeah" Eren stuttered as Carla suddenly pinched his ear. "What?!!"

"It's warm. I can tell that you are lying" Carla grinned. "Mikasa and Y/N helped you, didn't they?"

Y/N smiled seeing the scene. The feeling of nostalgia came through her. She knew Carla wasn't her real mother but she still felt like she was my mother.

"Oh. Dad, are you leaving?" Young Y/N asked puffing a slice of bread in her mouth.

"Work?" Eren also asked.

"Yes. Medical exams within the inner walls. It should take around two to three days" Grisha replied.

"Oh" Eren replied slurping the soup on his plate.

"Eren says he wants to join the survey corps," Young Mikasa suddenly said as Carla looked at her in shock.

"M-Mikasa. I told you it's a secret" Eren exclaimed.