vi

❝☞✉☜❞

❝☞✉☜❞

The smiling titan began to search mom and picked her up. All of it was like slow motion. I hugged Mikasa tighter to prevent her from watching.

Mom tried to struggle and punch out of the titan's grip but failed as the smiling titan incapacitates Mom leaving her unconscious as it gobbled up Mom's body, spraying out Mom's blood everywhere.

I turn my back at the smiling titan having a horrid face from what I saw and continue to run with Mr Hannes.

But why?

Why do I feel a connection to that titan. The titan who ate my mother. Why do I feel like I know her. Some kind of familiarity comes up to me but I unsuccessfully remember who it was.

All I could do now is protect Eren and Mikasa. It's my mom's last wish. Even if it means to enter the survey corps.

___________________

We're far away from the smiling titan as I heard Eren punched Mr Hannes' head making him stop.

"Eren, what are you-"

"We were so close to saving mom. Don't think we're gonna thank you for this!" Eren exclaimed as I stopped from running, easing my hug on Mikasa "We were so close!-"

"Get a hold of yourself" Mr Hannes said as he threw Eren.

"Eren!" Mikasa spoke as she wiggled away from me, going up to Eren.

I'm being quiet. At times like this, I scold Eren and continue to run to safety. But.

I have no energy to do so.

Everyone could say. Neither behind my back or infront of me. They could say I'm full of spunk or energy. But. Not today. Especially today.

I slowly walked up to them same as Mr Hannes.

"Eren, you weren't able to save your mother because you lacked power to do so." Mr Hannes said as he keeled infront of them.

I look down my wounded hands as I figured. I do need more power. If I couldn't save my own mother, then how am I going to protect Eren and Mikasa?

Mr Hannes gripped Eren's hand before he could throw a punch.

"But I.... I couldn't face the titan because I lacked the courage to fight" Mr Hannes said as tears went down to his cheeks as he went up and dragged Eren "Forgive me"

I went up to Mikasa and walked beside her following up to Eren and Mr Hannes.

I-

I have to become stronger. To protect the people I care about the most.

____________________

We were boarding the boat as I held Eren and Mikasa.

Everyone around us was obviously panicking as the bridge that connected the boat was lifted.