xxi

❝☞✉☜❞

❝☞✉☜❞

"In the end, we couldn't find a soldier who used their device without permission." Gunther said as he passed me a cup of water and sat down on a concrete stairs after the visit on the dead corpses of Sawney and Bean. "Just who in the world....." 

"Who knows? The world is unpredictable" I answered as I finished my water and went to 'Horse' and patted him.

"I'm more worried about the group assembly right now." Eld spoke. "I wonder how many recruit would be eccentric enough to enlist."

"Hey, Y/N. Eren" Gunther asked making me glance at him. "Are any of your comrades planning to enlist with us?"

"Yeh" I answered.

"Well, there were. We're not sure anymore." Eren added.

"Assemble!" Gunther shouted as I heard horse running towards us.

Gunther and Eld ran up to Levi as they did the salute. I normally walked up to them as they both glared at me to salute but I didn't.

'I ain't saluting brats'

"Get ready to leave. We're heading to the assembly." Levi spoke.

"Sir!" I along with Eld and Gunther answered.

"Good morning Levi." I spoke up casually without thinking as Levi stopped his horse before leaving. Gunther and Eld were dumbfounded when I just called the Lance Corporal with his own name without honorifics.

"Y/N, supervise your brother. You can handle that brat more than I can" Levi said.

"Yes sure, Heichou" I answered lazily as he went away. I looked at Eren and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Lets get going, Little Brat"

Gunther and Eld were more dumbfounded when they saw their own Lance Corporal ignored Y/N for calling him by his name.

We both ran to the stables as I took Horse out and sat on his back. Eren was behind me as we took off.

______________________

I look behind me as I saw a once in a lifetime sight. It was Levi petting Horse.

'That's a shocker.'

"We of the special op squad will be here." My attention went back to Gunther who pointed out the position on a map. "In the center of the rear, on standby."

"That's quiet far back." Eren said.

"It's the safest position in the formation." Gunther added. "Even more secure than where the supply wagons are. Well we don't have a real objective this time. The exposition won't cover much ground since it's just a test run before we get you to Shiganshina District."

'Wait.... a test run? But it's a risk because it'll cause lives... what is the Commander thinking when he decided for this expedition?' I started to chew my nails out of habit. 'Or maybe..... The Commander is trying to lure the culprit who killed Sawney and Bean... it could be a possibility...'