The silence worked until I saw the welcome sign to Beacon hills.

I had lived in New Orleans for only a summer but I had already gotten the hang of it. Living there just felt like I could be myself when in beacon hills I felt like I needed to fit in which I did but having to feel that sucks.

I tried to demand another answer from my mom again but she was silent until she pulled up to our house that seemed lonely. It was the only house in the block that seemed to be empty.

She turned off the car and grabbed her bag from the back seat then got out of the car not saying a word.

I did the same and followed behind her but her pace was a bit quicker than mine and let's not mention she had thrown my bag in the trunk which I had to get.

By the time I reached the entrance she had already entered the door and turned on some lights.

I entered as well and shut the door then turned to  her to stop her from ignoring me any longer.

"So you'll just give me the silent treatment?!" I finally broke the silence that felt criminal to break. "I think I deserve to know why you just drove me across the country!"

"Angelina please..." she ran her hands through her hair sighing.

She seemed stressed but stressed was her all time status eventually I thought it would go away but it didn't. Maybe that's the way it is when you get pregnant at fifteen and have a newborn by sixteen and even now her being thirty two with a sixteen year old wasn't easy.

Maybe that's why she let my dad stick around for all those years. She couldn't raise me by herself and trust me. I respect that but sometimes I forget that I'm supposed to.

"Why don't you just tell me?!" I continued to insist watching how she just moved her hair away from her face seeing her huge dark circles and I swear she looked paler than usual but maybe that's just what a thirty hour drive does to you.

"Because it's just better here" she replied blankly like always so dismissive.

"Yeah definitely this town is better than New Orleans I mean look around mom! This does not compare to our life over there!" it didn't. Our life was definitely better over there but only because of my dad he had inherited some of his family's stuff and they were wealthy.

"Well I'm sorry I can't live out your rich girl fantasy Angie!" Again she makes me look like the spoiled brat like she always does instead of answering my question.

"This isn't about that! I'm only asking why we're here?! Why did we have to leave?! What about dad?!" I piled her up with questions and I could tell she was almost to her breaking point.

"I thought you liked it here..." she breathed out.

She was right as much as I hated to admit I did like it in Beacon hills but like I said before it wasn't the same as what I experienced in New Orleans.

"Well maybe if you told me what happened everything would be fine!" I continued but I already knew I wasn't getting an answer.

"Because I decided! okay? that's why you don't get to question me that way I decided to live here again so that's what we're doing!" She stated, just like she always did. That was her only answer simply because she decided or because she wanted to, no other explanation.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, throwing my head back in frustration. "Right...so what about dad?"

"Just go to sleep Angie I'm too tired to even think right now" she lowered her voice now. She was tired. I knew that and I knew she had to go to sleep, knowing her, she probably was going to rush to work first thing in the morning if that was even possible.