TCH |24| Demons and Ice

Start from the beginning

"I expected you to say that" the boy sighed "Even though Midoriya basically beat you over the head with the fact that it is your quirk, you're still upset with your father huh?" He affirmed as Todoroki only tightened his fists in response. "If it helps, I see why you hate your dad so much but I most likely don't understand half of it. He tried to talk to me just to belittle my skills and to say how perfect you were supposed to be. I recommend you use your fire if you want to advance, but I won't force you" he ended his tangent with a smile.

.

.

.

"Midoriya, what do you think of the match up?" Ochako asked as other members of class A also gathered around to listen.

"From experience, the only way this will be a fair battle is if Todoroki uses his fire, but he still seems finicky about using it, giving Naganohara the upper hand with his monsters and flames." He said honestly.

"Hasn't Todoroki put out fire with his ice before? Why are Naganohara's flames any different?" Tsu asked

"I'm not quite sure, maybe it's because they aren't normal flames. They're blue so they are hotter than red flames."

"No, but water doesn't even put out Ayato's flames, it just makes him realize that they're out!" Mineta decided to chime in as he was interested in the conversation.

"So Naganohara has flames that don't go out with normal means..." Midoriya muttered as he added to his notes.

"He flicked the air in order to get the flames off me, it's like he unsummoned it like he does with his monsters" Mina added

"Actually he summons demons," Mineta corrected. "I didn't know until I watched his house get overrun by them" he shuddered at the memory.

"So he has a hybrid quirk that lets him summon fire and demons, which means that he must summon demonic flames and that's why they act so weird!!" Midoriya exclaimed at the revelation as he fixed the errors in his book.

"Wow demonic flames, what makes you say that?"

"It makes sense, during the cavalry battle we weren't able to pass through his flame wall. In fact his demons told us to stay away from it, but when Kacchan's team approached the wall, they were let in."

.

.

.

"Those were two of the kids that tried to save you?" Thirteen asked the deflated Toshinori.

"Yeah, even though it's just a feeling, but I think those two give off completely different vibes."

.

.

.

"At today's Sports Festival, both have shown top class performances! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now Naganohara versus Todoroki! Start!"

As Present Mic's screeching ended Todoroki did what he does best and sent a trail of ice in Naganohara's direction. He knew from his experience at the USJ that encasing the boy in ice wasn't going to do anything as he could melt himself out of it. His whole plan was to survive as long as he can while tiring the ravenette out. He didn't necessarily have to worry about freezing himself over, as Naganohara's flames would be enough to keep his temperature normal.

However Naganohara wasn't going to count on his flames straight away. In his mind Todoroki would look out more for his flames rather than his demons, so he did a lot of sacrificing. He quickly summoned demons in his place whenever Todoroki sent an ice trail his way. Within a couple of seconds the arena was littered with ice prisons housing semi-hostile demons.