Chapter 30

They've already arrived back home this morning. Camila and Gabriel have not spoken since last night. Camila does not even bother on making the first move here. She was still upset.

Camila was currently at the milkshake store with Caroline. They were catching up for a bit.

"Well that is good to hear. So how about your birthday? What do you plan on doing?"

"It's still in a few months. Although I haven't really thought about it. Maybe just make it simple or I don't know" she says as she took a sip from her milkshake "Anyway, where is Enzo? I haven't seen him"

"Oh, he's with Nicholas. Out for a drink maybe"

"Ahh, I see" Caroline did not even have to ask how Camila and Nicholas are doing since she knows very well what happened, so I guess it is better to not bring it up. "How....how is...Nicholas?" She says slowly as though she was debating if she should ask or not.

"Hmm? Good, He and Enzo mostly spends time. Sometimes Nicholas will come help us do some works" Typical Nicholas. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing" Caroline gives her a knowing look. "What?"

"Nothing." She laughs "So how about you? How are things?"

"Great. Things have been great" is it?

Caroline took a sip from her milkshake before speaking "Mm, Gabriel treating you right?" Camila suddenly remembered what happened last night. That was the first time she and Gabriel fought. It made her think what more could happen if she and Gabriel are married. "You all right Camila?" Caroline noticed that Camila suddenly become quiet and just stared at her milkshake when she asked that question. What happened? Was there a problem between the two? Is it bad that she asked? She thought. "You don't have to answer that, I'm sorry"

"No, no. My apologies, I was spacing out. Yeah, Gabriel and I are great" It sounded like a lie but the older woman did not bother to make a big deal about it, for the younger girl seemed to be uncomfortable. So, no questions about Gabriel. Got it. "Uhm, are you done with your milkshake?"

"Oh, yes. Shall we go somewhere else or you plan on going home?"

"Mmm no. Let's go to the department store. I feel like looking at dresses and other things"

"Ooh I like the sound of that."

The two went out of the store and continued on chatting until the reached the mall. Camila was having so much fun with Caroline. Laughing and sharing stories and at the same time trying on dresses, looking at new stuffs. My god, has it been a while since Camila has done these kinds of things. Yeah, she is not much into clothings, but that does not mean she does not go shopping and try on dresses.

_____________________

After Camila and Caroline spent the afternoon chatting and shopping, Camila came back home and stayed in her room painting. Continuing the painting that she still has not yet finished. Well, until now. She's almost done. It has been a while since she's done painting, because there will be times that she does not have time to do it or will sometimes be not in the mood to paint.

It was getting late and it was raining hard. Camila liked it. Painting while listening to the rain pour. She wasn't feeling sleepy at all. She was too focused on the painting, and at the same time, thinking about the story behind the painting. A smile forms on her face without her even knowing it. But then fades away.

"Why does life have to be like this" she whispers and rolled her eyes. She looks at her other painting that was on the corner of the room. It was the painting of the sea. For some reason, looking at it and imagining the ocean and sea, does not make her think of scary things but instead it made her happy. She thought, it was beautiful. She loved it.