Chapter 10

CAMILA

"That's not even fair."

"Yes it is"

"It is not."

He laughed loudly "Camila, I believe that checkmate means there is no way out, so it means that I win"

I groaned and stomped my foot on the ground while Nicholas laughed even more. This is already our third round playing chess and I still lost!

Nicholas and I are at our garden, playing chess on the table while we eat.

"Do you want another round then?" I glared at him, he's giving me that smile again which kind of looks like he's teasing me and enjoys me being angry for loosing. He does this to me every time, really.

"Don't give me that look Nicholas."

"Give what?" He raised both of his hands, as if he was saying he did nothing wrong. And there he goes, He burst out laughing once again. What is it with this boy always laughing. "I'm sorry. Do you want to play something else then?"

I took a sip of my drink before I took a moment to think. Obviously I am not playing chess with him again, maybe with anyone else, even. Knowing that I suck at it.

"I do not feel like playing anymore"

"I must say goodbye then?" I quickly answered No. "Gee, Didn't knew you'd miss me that much" I heard him whispered, though I didn't bother to say a word. I slightly felt embarrassed because I sounded like a desperate kid who does not want him to leave.

Well I don't.  I will get bored for the rest of my day because two of my friends are busy.

Nicholas started to pick up the chess pieces from the board and puts it inside the board as he folds and locks it. And after that we both just sat here silently. Only hearing the wind softly blowing and our gardener Thomas watering the plants. It was not awkward though. "I feel like eating cake right now" I stated.

Yeah, I really feel like eating one right now. God when was the last time I ate cake?

"I want to go eat cake" I repeated. Nicholas looked at me.

"Then let's go" The both of us stood up and I was headed my way out of the gates but Nicholas spoke. "Where are you going?"

I turned my head to face him and raised my eyebrow in confusion. "Are we not gonna go eat cake?" I pointed at the gates.

"Yes and we're making one"

Say what?

"I'm sorry?"

"You said you wanted cake? So we are gonna bake a cake" he repeats it more clearly and held my arm and pulled me inside.

"But I do not even know how to bake a cake?" Well maybe half of it. Flour, eggs, frosting.

"And that is why you have me" he winked. I mumbled fine and the both of us made our way to the kitchen.

Sienna and Evelyn were there and greeted us. "May we help you Miss Camila, Sir Nicholas?"

"Yes, we will be baking a cake"

"All right, I'll just have Maggie to call you once we're  do--" Nicholas cuts her off.

"No no. We are going to make it. Me and Camila" the both of them looked quite surprised. Well mainly because they have not even seen me bake or do kitchen stuff. But don't get me wrong, I know how to cook.

Sienna and Evelyn looked at me as if they were asking something, I just smiled at them and nod my head.

"We will just be needing the ingredients needed for the cake please?" I said.