Chapter 25

Just like what Diana said, they were going to have lunch at the Wynter's. As Camila steps inside the gate, she takes a deep breath. She's going to see him today.

Emily clings onto her arm as they both enter the house. "Have you stayed up reading books again?" Emily whispered when Camila once again looks tired. Yes, she did read, she couldn't sleep. It wasn't because of the kiss though, she really just couldn't sleep so she read a book.

Clifford and Helen greets all of them and so did Gabriel, he kisses Camila on the cheek and smiles.

"Shall we go to the dinning room?" He says. Camila noticed something, He wasn't here. It's not like she was looking for him, but he does live here so where is he?

They sat at the dinning table and as always, Camila was beside Gabriel. Still no Nicholas. Maybe he was out.

"I am always glad to see all of you. I have such great news!" Helen says. She noticed some of them looking at one vacant seat that is supposed to be Nicholas's chair. Helen just shakes her head and clears her throat and tells the maids to prepare the food. As they eat, they start of with simple conversations like how their days went and other things.

"Say, where is Nicholas?" Steffan asks. Just about when someone was about to answer, The door opens and there was the person they've been looking for.

"I'm sorry, got lost track of time" he says before sitting across Iris. He smiles before apologizing again. Helen looks at him with dissapointment in her face before whispering "As always..." Camila heard it but didn't do anything, she didn't even looked over at his direction or not even a glance. Might be dangerous if she turns her head there and meets his eye.

"Well now that we are all complete, let us congratulate Gabriel" Says Clifford. They clapped. Joseph asked Gabriel about his trip and he gladly tells them about it then after that, Clifford spoke about more of his success, Helen had never been so proud for she had a huge smile on her face. "You are one lucky lady my dear" she says and points at Camila. The young girl flashes a smile and answers "I sure am"

"This makes me even more excited about the wedding! Why can't it just be next week or next month?" Camila almost chokes.

"Uhm, we didn't want to hurry things" Camila answers.

"Oh nonsense, you two are so very close to each other and I am pretty sure you both love each other so much"

Camila laughs "Suppose you're right" lies "But there is no rush, besides, I'd like to spend my remaining time here in London before we move to France"

"Ahh yes, France. How lovely. Oh which reminds me, I have such great news!" Then she looks over to Nicholas. All of them looks at her, waiting for her to speak again. "An old friend of mine has a daughter, somewhat around your age. She's a very wonderful girl" Nicholas looks up. He didn't like where this was going. He thought they were over that.

"Mother-"

Helen cut him off as he looks at her son straight in the eye as she flashes a smile and spoke "You are getting married, Nicholas"

Wait, what?

"I beg you're pardon?" Clifford was surprised as well. He didn't knew about this. He felt upset that his wife made a decision behind his back, not even letting him know.

"Yes, you heard right. Oh come on Nicholas, you do not actually think you have convinced me with that you'll find someone soon? When is soon? I have found someone for you and I am sure you will like her" and just by that, Camila couldn't help it, she turns her direction to him. She could see the dissapointment in his eyes, how he does not approve to this. He meets her eyes. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Nicholas breaks it. "Oh don't be upset, that feeling will go away once you meet her, I'm sure. She will arrive here next week."