Chapter 12

Camila was at Sloan's house. She decided to come over to hang out with her. She was helping Sloan choosing a dress for the ball next month. So yes, the room was full of dresses and as Sloan was trying on different dresses, they were talking about a few things.

"You are really telling me that you are going to marry a man who wants different things and— sorry for my words but...shall I say...bossy?" Says Sloan as she enters the bathroom.

"He's not bossy" Camila defended. Though deep inside she kind of admits it. "We just—like different things which are the opposite of each other"

"Mhm and how does that work out for you?" Camila opened her mouth to say something but has no words to reply. "I am just saying that if you want a happy marriage...work things out. Well—Do you really like him?" She pops her head out of the bathroom and narrows her eyes at the blonde girl, waiting for an answer.

Camila does not even know how to answer that. Does she? She absolutely does not know anything when it comes to romantic feelings or anything that involves relationships.

She thought for a bit. He's nice, could be funny sometimes, he's—caring?, Camila feels comfortable with him and He's a nice person. She suppose that she does enjoy his presence at some point? He's good looking? And he is a gentleman. Does she think that he would be a great husband? By his actions, she thinks yes.

So, Does she?

"Yes" she answered. Though it was more of a question than an answer.

Sloan's eyes still narrowed but shrugged it off "Okay" she says before stepping out. "How's this?"

Camila tilts her head to look at the dress while Sloan slowly turns around. "It's beautiful. But, does not feel like you"

"What does that even mean?"

"It means, that the dress is beautiful, yes. But it does not seem to be a style or something that describes you. Does not feel like you."

"Oh..." she looked over to the mirror. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Damn it" she stomped her foot and went back on finding dresses at her closet. She had lots of dresses that she bought a long time ago but does not wear it. One of the question that Camila always asks her, Why buy lots of it when she's not going to wear it?  "Have you chosen a dress yet?"

"Not yet, but I'll pick something out." She answered, as if she wouldn't find it hard to find the perfect dress for the ball.

Sloan went inside the bathroom once again to try on another dress while Camila browse on to Sloan's book  shelf "Say, Is Nicholas single?"

"What?"

"His names Nicholas right? Gabriel's brother?" Camila did not answer. "Is he single?"

"Why?"

"Nothing, he's cute." Camila frowned her eyebrows and took one book from the shelf. "Do you suppose he has a date for the ball next month?"

"You like him?" She asks "Didn't Paris asked you to be his date for next month?" Her tone sounded a bit pissed than calm.

Sloan once again peaked her head from the bathroom with her eyes frowned "Geez, I was just asking. Of course I'm going with Paris. What a bitch of me if i ditch him right?" She laughed "Why do you seem mad?"

"I'm not. I just thought that—yeah, you'll ditch Paris." She answers. Or was that really her reason?

"Well I'm not. And I won't. I just know someone who is looking for a date and maybe Nicholas is available" she stepped out of the bathroom once again. Both hands on her waist as she pants heavily,  feeling tired. Well how could she not? She's been trying on dresses for almost three hours or maybe more than that. "How about this?"