Chapter 19

The party was over a few hours ago. It was two in the morning and Camila was still awake. She was thinking about something.

She kissed Nicholas and he kissed back. They kissed!

She liked it. But yet again, what she did was wrong. She does not know what she feels. No actually, she might know. But she was still confused. What about Gabriel? How could she do this to him? But it was an accident, she did not know that this would happen. Or did she?

She hasn't been able to sleep because she has been thinking about it since the time they returned home. Awhile ago at the garden, she will not deny that she has never felt so happy.

But she's getting married to Gabriel! And she likes him too.

Honestly, she does not even know if she should feel guilty or what. Because first. She liked the kiss, she has never felt anything like it...ever. Second, she somehow does not regret the kiss. Yes, she does not. It was her choice. Third, Gabriel. 

What about Gabriel?

"God, this is on me" she says to herself. "So what does this mean?"

Yes, what does it mean?

"You love Gabriel right? Right?" She tells herself as she looks into the mirror.

Yes, she does love Gabriel. She's known him for quite a long time and he is a good man. But is her definition of love towards him was as a friend but not as a partner? Was she just pushing herself to believe that she loves him in a romantic way because he is the one she is going to marry and not Nicholas?

"Oh god..." the girl whispered to herself out of frustration. This was really stressing her out. But if she was just to admit it then she would not be feeling this way.

Camila plops down onto her bed and covers her face with a pillow. She will sleep this off. She shall sleep this off.

And she did.

The sun has came up. Camila barely slept. Maybe just an hour or two.

She decided not to think about it for now. Will she just go with the flow and just hope what happens next is something nice? Maybe. Yes, she could just do that.

Camila stood up from her bed and started her morning routine. Once she was done, she exited her room. Some of their house maids greeted her. She saw Iris on the hall, exiting her room. She noticed her older sister and looks at her up and down.

"You didn't slept well huh?"

"How'd you know?"

"Because same." she frowns. "Damn, they must be really loud huh? Since you also did not sleep well too" Camila frowns her eyebrows, confused on what was her sister talking about? "What?"

"I do not have any clue what you're talking about..."

"What? I meant Steffan and Emily. They were, you know..." she whispers the last part. Camila's eyed widened.

"They did what?!"

"Wait a minute, so you didn't hear it?" The older girl answer's no. "Then why didn't you slept well?"

"I was uh...reading a book and could not help but finish it all" She says, hoping her sister will believe it. "It was a new book."

"Oh..okay."

"Good morning" Emily shows up with a smile on her face. "You two look—tired?"

"Yeah, I bet you're more tired than us from all that body work, if you know what I mean." Iris says before walking her way downstairs. Camila follows her. Emily was left standing there, confused on what the younger girl meant. She gasps when it finally sank in to her.